Planning my puma conversion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Peaky as in you wont have much low end power. You will have to thrash it to get the power.
peaky refers to the dyno graph as a very peaky power curve, there alrite if there on a track car as you will already be blasting along but for road use there a pain in arse.

ok so for acceleration the 600 will be better and better for low down grunt??

so hhow much do u think the throttle bodies will go for about £150-£200? and do u hav an estimate for someone to fabricate the inlet? and ive been on the omex website but i cant even find any prices are they expensive

FlashBastd said:
I still have a couple of pairs of new FRP cams, £200/set.

OC Motorsport are doing full Milltek for just over £650, sport cat is another £300 ish. Used Milltek/Piper Mani is typically £200 (£300 new), then you have the system and sport cat, prices used for these vary.

Have you still got these cams??

Just finished my conversation puma 1.7 into fiesta
Mk5 .
You need engine bay loom ecu and fusebox must be from a puma of the same year as your fiesta or be digital to digital ie have the clocks and the same connections in the fusebox that the car / dash loom plugs into one of them is a green multi plug you need the header tank rad and pipes rad fan and rad support bracket.
Also needed are the fuel pipes cut them so there is some metal still with the plastic pipes so you can join them up to metal pipes on car . You need throttle cable
Off puma and also the gear shifter from under puma complete and the driver's side triangle engine mount gearbox mounts are the same as are the drive shafts apart from the one part bolted to the engine with the bering on it but other half of that shaft is the same .
I had to use the power steering pipes as mine was a 1.3
And pump was in a different place . If the flex on your cat is bad they do a repair section for it . I changed the clocks for puma ones as car would not start then it still
Would not start until i swapped the chip in the key over seams it needed to be in the right position and not just on the same bunch of keys also changed the key ring receiver again not sure if this is matched to ecu or not
Like the clocks i changed it before swapping the chips in
Key over ( normally holding the key from the Donner car next to the ignition is enough for the car to start while using the original key to turn ignition but not this time)
No abs on my fiesta so got the warning light in dash but sure that can be turned off by a auto electrical guy .exhaust is the same but obviously if you had a 1.2 its going to need change for something bigger to do the job properly. If you want to ditch the ac pump u need the power steering pump off a 1.3 and pipes but not 100% sure as i dumped my pipes and pump with the 1.3 engine have a closer look at that or just leave the ac pump where it is as it dose not need wires to it or gas in it Thinks thats everything

Latest posts

Back