New Puma owner - at last !

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rear drum backplates, before and after.

Attachments

• rear drum backplate rust.jpg
    rear drum backplate rust.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 4,504
  • rear drum backplate rust.after treatment.jpg
    rear drum backplate rust.after treatment.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 4,504
Took advantage of the warmer weather last week and Waxoyled the underneath of the Puma, having previously rust treated and repainted any rusting, its a messy job to do, but I feel its worth the effort.

In the last couple of months, I've replaced the discs and pads with Mintex ones, they were the only advisory on the MOT before I purchased the car, plus several silly little jobs, like the heater control panel lights wit Led's. Also had the old but legal rear tyres replaced, went with Falken ZE310's as that's what was on the front and they were hardly worn. Would usually have gone for Goodyear Efficient Grip, but decided to try the Falkens as they are "A" rated in the wet and match the front tyres. time will tell, but I haven't managed to unstick them in the wet, yet !

Today the new pollen filter arrived, so that was replaced. I wonder if it had ever been replaced as it was really bad.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_113813835_2.jpg
    IMG_20210301_113813835_2.jpg
    885.7 KB · Views: 3,985
After changing the pollen filter, the heater output is not so hot, it had been really hot.
At least now its working as it should and getting fresh air into the car.

Latest posts

Back