My Puma.. Maximum Track Attack!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But surely they must expect the car to be modified? Alot of people put 17's on, yourself included.

True - but they can't cater for every possible modification during design. That flange is probably that thick and size for strength / stress reasons. Car designers (or any designers for that matter including myself) don't just put metal in places for no reason.

Some 'reasons' are better than other I'll grant you! I'm sure there's a Ford designer somewhere that is very proud of that 0.01dB difference in the noise for that box.. lol

:D

well mine is lowered 80mm and it does scrub on full lock but it doesnt rub in the top of the arches when driving around normally, but i think 80mm is pretty much aslow as you could actually go with it

.... and hope you don't hit any holes mid corner when the suspension is at it's limits... *boing!*

PumaJay said:
well mine is lowered 80mm and it does scrub on full lock but it doesnt rub in the top of the arches when driving around normally, but i think 80mm is pretty much aslow as you could actually go with it

ah right, so pretty low then!

yeh its very low, once its fixed and its had a proper good clean i'l obviously post some pics,

this is from the day i put the coiovers on... nice and looow hehe

hadnt even had chance to settle in and it was still low!!

18072008390-1.jpg

Mmm i do like 1.2's especially in black. Would consider them on my silver puma in the future, think black would look good with mine, make it look a bit meaner. Those 16s or 17s?

17's... there the best wheels ever made in my opinion, i hate the fact that i buckled all of mine!! i properly loved them! there just a pain in the arse to keep clean

i might even buy another set in a few months time if i get bored of the ones i bought at autosport

shows off your red caliper too! Get some drilled/groved discs and it'll look sexual :D

Or use a biro on current discs! 8)

Does anyone have a photo of a FPR inner arch? If you grind a bit away will that not leave sharp protruding edges or affect the stiffness or structure?

Glad I saw this, just got some 17's for my puma.

What do those two hose go in your engine bay by the induction cone? Is at oil sepator or something?
I would like to see more engine bay pics if you could mate.
I had all my hoses in that colour on my scooby it looked just as awesome!

its for an oil catch tank, saves all the crap going back into the bottom of the air box.

be suprised how much it fills up with the excess that comes out the breather at the top of the rocker cover, i wouldnt of bothered with it but it only cost £20 so i just put it on. mainly as dress up but it works too.

I'l post some pics up tomorrow as im starting work on it again

I thought as much im probably going to need one with running a supercharger thats all as was just interested in the setup of it thats all.
Can't wait to see the pics.

Got abit more done today, started building the front end up again, still a few more bits to do next weekend and then its off for its 4 wheel alignment.

Only got a small amount done as it started snowing...and it was bloody freezing!! brrrr

How it looked first thing this morning
01022009988.jpg

01022009989.jpg

The pile of crap in the car
01022009990.jpg

01022009991.jpg

Bits that needed fitting
01022009992.jpg

Wing mirror on and working properly!
01022009987.jpg

Front wing on
01022009994.jpg

01022009995.jpg

Front bumper fitted and that as far as i got today
01022009999.jpg

01022009998.jpg

oh and a pic of the idiot that is me out in the snow with freezing hands!!
01022009997.jpg

decided id get back out there at it yesterday, but soon got bored... only fitted the headlights and my new CF battery cover,

its going to the garage this week for alignment and then off to the bodyshop to be made to look all pretty again!!
few pics...

070220091035.jpg

070220091036.jpg

070220091034.jpg

ITS BACK ON THE ROAD

Looking abit nasty with the orange wing, huge dent in the rear quarter and half finished front bumper, but its going inot the bodyshop in a few weeks and then it'll ready for its first show at santa pod in march!!

Latest posts

Back