Odometer inaccurate, should I swap it

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tjcmartins

Hey guys!

I have 2 Puma's 1.7, both of 1997, but on One of them the diferent between speed indicator and gps speed is huge, 10/12 km/h in high speed. However, in the other its just 3/4 km/h.
My question is, if i Change the odometer from One to the other it will solve the problem?
Thanks

I dont think the odometer would be the cause, that is driven from the speed sensor on the gearbox

Are they both digital Speedos ? Early cars had an analogue Speedo and were driven by a a cable, as far as I know, whilst later digital Speedos were driven by a speed sensor. Maybe a gearbox from a non Puma has been fitted at some time, which may be for smaller or larger wheels, sorry not much help.

In my puma the old odometer kmh indicator, when i go to high speeds starts to oscillates, without signs the correct speed, when i replaced it with a new one this problem was fixed! My puma is a 1.7 1997 with cable odometer, (without mini screen) i hope it helps

Latest posts

Back