Lights....

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmad

Hi,
Iv'e got a sleek black 2002 1.7...and I loathe the green interior lights. Some of the heater consul isn't even lighting!!...so I'd like to change this from green to white... which bulbs do I need please.... this would be for the window switches the heater dials, interior map light, A/C, fog light.....I have the dash kit sorted out. Thank you.

I attach a file of a guide I read recently written by a member on here. Hopefully it helps.

Attachments

• Blue Led Conversion - Copy.pdf
    927.6 KB · Views: 37
I have changed every light to white and it is very time consuming and fiddly job.

Personally I used small 3mm LEDs each with a resistor but that just what I chose to do.

The guide Red posted is very good and detailed, but personally I wouldn't use hot glue. This isn't a negative against the guide... I used it when I used to make custom LED rear lights for the Puma and in the hot weather the hot glue didn't stand a chance against the heat - it all melted!

Hi CherryVimto (love the name! )Ok thank you.....I appreciate your kindness. I'll give it some thought.... but it will be my mechanic that will do the work..... I just get to admire his work :grin:

I believe I deleted all of the old photos/information I had from when I made them.

I could make some more, but they are very time consuming to do and it is very hard to get the clear covers to stick & seal back together - not something I would be interested in doing right now.

Latest posts

Back