ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mister P

Good evening,

New to pp forum. I have a 60k mile Puma Black. Owned four years and still a gem to drive.

Moderately remapped engine to smooth and increase output by 8-9 bhp in midrange.....sounds better too. Brembo front brake upgrade, recent timing belt and heater control valve!

I worked for an automotive magazine 25 odd years ago and had a Puma as a long term test car for six months. Nobody at the mag wanted it so they palmed it off onto me (photographer).............then word got round after the launch as to precisely how much of a gem this little machine was, but unsurprisingly, I wouldn't let anybody else have it!!!!!!!

Now I'm back in Puma heaven :) :) :)

Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've been quietly enjoying yours for some time now. :cool:

red said:
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you've been quietly enjoying yours for some time now. :cool:
red said:
In theory for 24 years :)
but in reality for five altogether
they are such a magic little machine and I'm going to have to lose the Puma in a year due to the ULEZ zone.......
great shame...however will get my own back. Son has a Fiesta that is OK :)

If your V5c shows a NOx reading below a certain reading, 0.08 NOx, it is possible to obtain some paperwork from Ford at Dunton that confirms its below and will make your car ULEZ exempt. Details are on the Facebook group.
Early and late Puma's don't qualify, both my 1.7s show 0.083, but some do, so well worth checking.
Luckily for me I have no intention of driving into London,

Latest posts

Back