Colin Yamamoto

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin:

[fullalbumimg]1978[/fullalbumimg]

This one always makes me grin:
Colin loved his Millie :)

[fullalbumimg]608[/fullalbumimg]

And he did love chickens of course:
[fullalbumimg]1126[/fullalbumimg]

And who can forget Colin doing his Chicken Dance:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3JBL8YM938[/youtube]

There was always a glow of fun around Colin, probably a glow of yellow.

Just posted the below on PumaPeople. I think we're all still in complete shock - I was really looking forward to seeing him today for his opinion on the lights he sent me. Col, I'm going to miss you mate.

I'm just in total shock. We heard the news at FITP today, and just didn't want to believe it. I only knew Col since 2006, but we got on brilliantly, sharing a love of Pumas, Italian, Brit and retro cars. He was a great mate, I'll never forget the funny night we had at last years Dambusters meet - the hotel bed didn't know what hit it with us lot jumping on it!

P09-29-07_2209.jpg

Col, Rachel and me, at the Dambusters meet night out.

Rest in peace mate.

Neil

Matt (Red) has just heard about this whilst on holiday in Spain and has asked me to express his complete shock and sadness at the news as well as his sincere condolences to Colin's family.

:(

i found out earlier & just couldnt believe it. stunned. Rest In Peace Col.

Very sad day.

I will always remember the 2cv aerial onto a puma mod!!!

He was a good laugh.

Aww i remember videoing the colvix chicken dance :)
I also did the super bok dedication with the super bock i bought in portugal!! Will have to dig it out! :)
Im gna rly miss Col! He beat me at gokarting on my bdaya few years back, he took amazing pictures, he knew his stuff!

Forever in our hearts and minds x

Rest in Peace Col!!

Not really sure what to say!! am im rarely lost for words!! Just that you were one of the most decent folk i know and it was a pleasure knowing you and you will be missed by many!

We heard this tragic news from Darren and Cherie at FITP, they came and found us and told us.

We were absolutley shocked by the news that Colin, a person so full of life and enthusiasm could be suddenly taken away.

RIP Colin, you will be missed by your many friends

As i said to anyone who would listen at FITP today:

"I just dont know what to say"

Can't believe he is gone, rest in peace.

Rest in peace Colin. A great guy who will be sadly missed. You always had a smile for everyone, and good fun at meets

Can't believe this :( RIP Colin, so sadly lost but you will never be forgotten.

Your ability to clean in any weather always amazed me! :D

As a member of both pp's i will pay my respects here to.....I'm still shocked and saddened of the great loss of a good friend,col

Rest in peace col,you will be very missed.

Meets just won't be the same with out you,god bless you,you where one of a kind.xx

Posted this earlier on pp site... I've sent Col's sister a message to ask if his family would be ok with us setting it up... I don't expect to hear anything back from them 'soon' as they obviously have much more important things on their minds but I thought I'd share it on here too...

" Still reeling from the sad news but I'm thinking it would be a nice idea to set up some kind of memorial fund for Colin... maybe set up something and donate some money to the Battery Hens Welfare Trust... something that I know was dear to his heart .. Bok, bok....

Does anyone else agree?

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "

I have just spoken with Colin's parents and relayed everyone's condolences to them. They always knew their son enjoyed going all around the country meeting people in his car, and to know that those people are now mourning his passing was a comforting thought at this difficult time.

Mr Yamamoto says that it is likely the funeral service for Colin will be a small family event.

I asked if he had any suggestions for donations in Colin's memory and he said "chickens" - I mentioned Caz's suggestion of the Battery Hen Welfare trust and he really liked that idea.

That is fair enough, we would be a bit of an invasion...

I will go with Caz's idea. I already have at least 3 sets of friends who have BHWT chickens so it sits well with me in any case :D

I never met him, bit I felt I knew him after five or six years on various fora together.

His postings here were always sensible and creative, often fun.

It just seems so desperately unfair.

Rob Pritchard aka XIIVVX

This is totally awful news. Myself and Vix were shocked when we found out yesterday, still can't believe it either, he was a great man and one that will be missed greatly.

There's talk of a possible meet to the BHWF on the other site but that won't be happening for a while by the sounds of it.

At least we all have our great memories of Colin, they're things that can never be taken away.
I hope that he's getting to drive all his dream cars and I would say rest in peace but I don't think he's going to, still lots of mischeif for him to commit! :wink:

Rest in Peace Colin. Although I only met him a few times I'm only glad I did. His willingness to help people through the Forums was mirrorred in reality upon meeting him. Having the same happy go lucky outlook on life as myself made me warm to him even more and I'm just sick that I couldn't have got to know him better. I'm sure we will all miss the informative help, anecdote's and constant 'click, click' of his camera.
This world has lost a true gentleman.

Sincere condolences go to his family & friends who I hope will get some kind of solace from the thoughts and comments from members of the forums he has met and brought pleasure to in the past.

TTFN Col :wink:

Latest posts

Back