Colin Yamamoto

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PussCat said:
Posted this earlier on pp site... I've sent Col's sister a message to ask if his family would be ok with us setting it up... I don't expect to hear anything back from them 'soon' as they obviously have much more important things on their minds but I thought I'd share it on here too...

" Still reeling from the sad news but I'm thinking it would be a nice idea to set up some kind of memorial fund for Colin... maybe set up something and donate some money to the Battery Hens Welfare Trust... something that I know was dear to his heart .. Bok, bok....

Does anyone else agree?

http://www.bhwt.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; "

Excellent idea Caz, something I know that was mentioned yesterday at the show when we found out as being the 1st thing that sprang to our minds to support.

Please keep us up to date here as to anything we can do to support the bhwt.

Driving into work today I just had this vision of Colin:

Driving round some fab twisty roads up in heaven in his Rear engined, Vtec powered FRP he always dreamed of with cheesy 80's pop on and a huge smile.

:)

Totally shocked and devasted by the news of this yesterday :(

May you rest in peace in Puma heaven Col...

Didn't know you as well as others on here, but you're one of the nicest and funniest guys I've ever met.

Thanks for taking some great pics of my car, and thanks for being such a great friend to Zara :)

When I heard the news yesterday I was utterly speechless.... (which is summat for me :p)

it doesnt seem real at all.. :cry:

Its took alot just to have a look at the thread, he was a great friend who would do anything for anyone and had soo much advice and help to offer... He was a great puma and chicken enthusiast and Im glad he spent his last christmas up here in the north.... driving round and what he loved best... :)

Col you'll be a great miss to many many people and I truly hope your in a happier place.....RIP mate...

Love you always... x x

It's the least we could do really.

Please see the following thread, if you haven't already done so, to put up your own pictures of Colin and his car for next months site banners which will feature various memories of Colin.

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=4161" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks.

A Great Banner for a lovely Great Man :wub:

Thank you for putting this banner up

Colin touched our lives & made them a better place
Sleep well Colin
You're close to all of our hearts :wub: x x x

Are we definately not going to attend his funeral? Was talking to someone with a focus RS, and a similar situation, they said they followed the funeral procession at the back, his family hadnt requested it but appreciated the gesture.

Its 100% his families decision of course, but i wonder do they not realise what a big part of his life cars were? And what a big impact he has left on alot of peoples lives.

Ed said:
Mr Yamamoto says that it is likely the funeral service for Colin will be a small family event.

Because of the amount of cars that would go Draddy, it may be a bit invasive if, as Mr Yamamoto has previously said, they want it to be a small family funeral.

Better to lean on the side of caution I think unless we are invited.

We can of course organise a meet to pay our respects to Colin which I dare say will be quite a large one.

Dal said:
We can of course organise a meet to pay our respects to Colin which I dare say will be quite a large one.

I'd just like to do something. Especially if its something that helps the family realise how important he was to alot of people.

Im definately planning a trip after the funeral, once Ive found out where it is and would be up for doing something...

The following was in a message sent to me by Mr Yamamoto:

"It was a tragedy and it will happen anyone and any time, it happen to be Colin. I travel his place every day and at last we could meet Colin in the beautiful place. He was just sleeping peacefully.

What a popular man he was! I read most of them with tear keep running on my cheeks, even someone never met him is such a surprise. And everybody wrote such a wonderful words.

Please send my great "THANK YOU" to every one of these great friends."

DradusContact said:
Are we definately not going to attend his funeral? Was talking to someone with a focus RS, and a similar situation, they said they followed the funeral procession at the back, his family hadnt requested it but appreciated the gesture.

Its 100% his families decision of course, but i wonder do they not realise what a big part of his life cars were? And what a big impact he has left on alot of peoples lives.

I received a call from Colin's father after he had read comments on PP about the funeral - he was keen to re-iterate his wishes about the funeral being a small family affair. Mr Yamamoto did emphasise that all Colin's friends should go ahead with a collection to donate to an appropriate cause, such as the Battery Hen Welfare trust collection that Caz (pusscat) is planning.

Thats understandable for the family of Col...
I'll definately be donating...

Ok I'm hoping this is something where everyone from the different puma forums can come together to organise something in Col's memory... and as a member of all the forums I'd Like to share what I've posted elsewhere ;)

I'm looking at getting some car stickers made up for Colin.... which I'm hoping to do alongside setting up a fund which we can contribute to the BHWT.

My idea was that (as long as they're not too expensive!) anyone who contributed 'a certain amount' (still to be decided) to the fund would get a sticker, or they'd be available to 'buy' at meets etc.... we asked a friend of ours who does promotional products about it yesterday, and he's getting us a cost.

I know that Colin touched everyone on here more than any of us ever realised, but I think maybe it would be best if we have a 'coordinated' approach to it rather than loads of different people going off and doing different things... I'm hoping that noone objects to me putting myself forward for the role of organiser in this, as I've already spoken to Colin's sister and the BHWT about it and got their agreement.

As regards a 'big meet' for Colin, I agree it's a great idea, but not maybe something to rush into straight away. I've been talking to a couple of other people about it on here and on the other puma sites and we all think it would be good if we could wait until we've made our donation to the BHWT, and can go and see what they've done with the money wink.gif We're thinking maybe a henhouse at one of the BHWT centres..... or maybe more, depending on how much money we raise.

that's my thoughts on the matter... what does anyone else think?

I think you're doing exactly the right thing Caz.

A co-ordinated meet organised by someone centrally involved with all the forums is ideal. Please do not hesitate to contact me, red or cherie with anything we can do with our official forum hats on to help out in any way.

I also agree that we shouldn't rush into anything, but wait a while, make the collection and make a meet something extra special, well planned out and something to specially remember Colin by as he was such a big part of our Puma lives.

Thanks for putting so much effort in Caz, and again, please feel free to let us know if there is anything at all we can do.

Subsequent to previous information about the funeral, Colin's sister Sarah has posted new information on Pumapeople.

I also received the following from Mr Yamamoto:

Regarding to Colin’s funeral as Sarah informed, if anyone can come we are more than welcome, indeed. Sarah want to meet all Colin’s friends.

From Sarah.

For those interested in attending my brother, Colin's cremation service

The service will be held on Wednesday, May 27th at 1.30pm in St. John's Room at:
Oxford Crematorium
Bayswater Rd
Headington, Oxford, OX3 9RZ
Tel: 01865 351255

The service will be approximately 30 minutes long.

After the service, we will be getting together at The Britannia Inn (a pub):
London Road (on the corner of The Roundway and London Road)
Headington, Oxford, OX3 7AA
Tel: 01865 760192

The pub has a car park, accessible from The Roundway.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations to Colin's favourite charity, Battery Hen Welfare Trust.
http://www.bhwt.org.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When making the donation, please mention that the donation is being made in Colin's memory.

If you do plan on attending, kindly notify me via Facebook since I'm reading that more than Pumapeople at the moment and I'll away from a computer most of the day. Thanks a lot.

I have now set up a Just Giving page in Colin's memory... proceeds will pass automatically to the Battery Hen Welfare Trust.

http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please give generously in memory of a generous man...

Latest posts

Back