Colin Yamamoto

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for letting us know about the funeral arrangements Ed - Cherie will update Sarah's Facebook with our intention to be there.

Thanks for the Just Giving link Caz - We'll be donating on pay day along with other monies received from people contributing by now attending Chatsworth etc where Colin was due to be.

I'll be heading down to High Wycombe first thing to sort a bit of admin out, then heading up to Oxford. If anyone needs a lift from that sort of area, give us a shout.

I won't be able to make this unfortunately, but will be making a donation in Colin's memory to the BHWT.

I'm sure you'll all give him a fantastic send off :)

Just a thought... if anyone off here is planning to go to the funeral but isn't on facebook or doesn't have Col's sister in their friends, please let me know and I'll let her know that you're coming....

Got a feeling there's going to be a strong puma presence....

Is anyone staying anywhere the Tue night? I am planning on coming down Tue but looking at somewhere cheap to stay.. looked for the £19 rooms but they dont start until July! Doh!

Rest in peace friend.

You are very sadly missed.

This news came as a massive shock. You were always a pleasure to talk to on the boards and at the meets.

PussCat said:
Just a thought... if anyone off here is planning to go to the funeral but isn't on facebook or doesn't have Col's sister in their friends, please let me know and I'll let her know that you're coming....

Got a feeling there's going to be a strong puma presence....

I'll be there Caz...

To pay my own respects and to be there for Zara :)

I have booked the hotel. Me and Julie travelling together Tuesday night so we can get up and be fresh Wednesday.
I already have ideas in mind for a meet. Something that reminds me of a place i have been with Colin for eg my bday meet, taking pictures in the trees in Preston on my Bday meet. Just ideas at the moment. Maybe plan to do it for my Bday, September time too so its like Deja-Vu :)

Hi everyone

Just to make you aware i have had the following message from Mr Yamamoto:

Dear Vicky,
Please let know your friends the dress code on the funeral day, which forgotten to mention, is as you are wearing now. Nothing formality like morning coat, don't! Please.

I take this as nothing too black.
I am going to go in something that Colin would approve, hopefully :)

Had never met Colin* but I enjoyed his posts & the obvious, contagious enthusiasm though - and had recently PMd him as I noticed he didn't live all that far from me.

Accordingly, despite being 15-20 minutes from the service it wouldn't seem right to attend... though my thoughts will be there.

However,...

If anyone was wishing to attend but accommodation (or lack of) is stopping them, then I can throw a spare room open and also a couple of couches....

* [or anyone as yet to pop along to a Puma event...]

vickydink said:
I take this as nothing too black.
I am going to go in something that Colin would approve, hopefully :)

This was going to be my next question - I've never been to a funeral before, and have no idea what to wear - is a suit and tie too formal, or about right?

Normally you'd be exactly right but Colin's family have specified nothing formal. I think you should wear what you feel most comfortable in :)

expatscot said:
Had never met Colin* but I enjoyed his posts & the
However,...

If anyone was wishing to attend but accommodation (or lack of) is stopping them, then I can throw a spare room open and also a couple of couches....

That is extremely kind of you :) (don't need accommodation but just thought I'd say)

crystalpuma said:
That is extremely kind of you :) (don't need accommodation but just thought I'd say)

No worries, just thought I would mention it.

vickydink said:
If i had of known id of maybe not booked hotel :)

Awww well, sorry I was late in posting....

Will repeat the same thing on the other PP aswell... just in case any others are toying with the thought of going to the service.

Latest posts

Back