Colin Yamamoto

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
would have posted yesterday when I got home but had to go straight to work :(

was a very sad and emotional day for all on Wednesday and I mirror the commetns above.. being in the company of others who loved and respected Colin as a friend helped alot..

All in all it was a lovely service.. thank you to Sarah, Mary and Moto for allowing us all to pay our respects...

Brought tears to my eyes just seeing his car again

Rest in piece Colin mate.... gone but never forgotton

Love Zara and Lola :)

x x x

woohoo - well done everyone, we've topped £1000 on the justgiving site for Colin!!

I'm really amazed by everyone's generosity, and I'm sure he would've been too!

Please keep the money rolling in.... even if it's only a quid, every little helps ;)

Rescued battery Hens are on BBC1 CountryFile right now.

Made me think of Colin of course :)

just to keep you all updated... sticker design is complete, will be getting some made up this week - and with any luck I'll have them with me at Chatsworth at the weekend.

The idea is not to 'sell' them as such, but if you make a donation of £5 or more to the BHWT (through http://www.justgiving.com/bokbok" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; or direct to me by cash or cheque) then you can have a sticker :)

Do you know who has already donated to the cause in case they want one on the day? :)

I have donated, but clicked on a link on Sarah's profile - it went to the right charity, but not on the fundraising page. I put a note 'In memory of Colin Yamamoto' so hopefully someone will notice.

As Ross said, I know who has donated via the Just Giving site.... but if you've given any other way then I'll need some kind of proof, lol....

Neil - can you pm me the email address you used to pay via paypal?? I can then check it out with Jane at the BHWT ;)

In case anyone's wondering what the sticker looks like, it looks like this...

BHWTSTICKER.jpg

could've gone for something a lot 'fancier' but I hope Col would've approved ;)

I visited a farm today with rehomed battery hens, it was great, loads of other animals, farmshop..was great. Plannin a meet there now followed by a picnic in the woods :)

as Dunk said earlier on the Chatsworth thread... we now have the stickers... and of course we had to put them in our cars ;)

1 in my side window.... it's getting a bit full, lol...

P1010638800x600.jpg

and the other on Dunk's windscreen

P1010640800x600.jpg

:D

I just read this stuff ...

To be pretty honest I'm very shocked about this situation.

I hope he's in a better place now, and may he find peace ...

A little update for you all.... just received an email from Jane at the BHWT...

"It takes considerable time between us being approached by a new volunteer and actually getting that volunteer equipped to run hen collections; we have just last week finally finished setting up a new collection centre in mid Wales and Lesley Sanders there has all the equipment she now needs to rescue birds. Collectively this has cost us just under £1,500 and it would be wonderful to say that Colin’s friends and family have set this up in his memory; I can do that in the next newsletter if you or Colin’s father would like. The hen house is small and only used for poorlies, but I’d be happy to get a small plaque for the house if you think Colin’s father would like this too.

The remaining money isn’t yet allocated, although I feel inclined to say our next newsletter or poster print run would be appropriate as Colin helped me so much on this side of things. "

So... looks like the money is being put to good use.... I'll have a word with Jane and try to find our where the centres is, so that we can maybe pay a visit ;)

Oh, and we've raise over £2500 now, if you include GiftAid!!

Wow we did well guys (and everyone else who donated) :D

Still think about Colin every day...hope he knew how much I cared for him...

Just recieved a packege this morning from Moto (Colins father)

a couple of days ago he sent me his remaining 2 stickers which I am passing on to my dad to display in his lorry and Andy who will both also be making donations soon as they werent sure how to...

Took me ages to open the parcel as I knew what it was from the address on the envelope and couldnt stop shaking :( and I still cant.. its brought it all back and set me off again :cry:
just some small things but means alot having some of his possessions to keep and remember him by along with all of the happy memories...

however, it made me smile how Colin did keep some crap as im sure we all do.... typical Col! :)

Love ya man!

Latest posts

Back