Ford Dealers & history

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotfuz

Hello all,

I’ve recently purchased a 2001 1.7 Puma, and love it by the way, albeit not driven it much as tucked up in my mums garage for a few weeks and have been trying to do some research on this particular car in order to hopefully get some history or at the very least where it was originally sold and registered.

At the moment I believe the car would have been registered in Kent in 2001, unless someone disagrees? The registration is:
X586 NKL.

I’ve tried the following dealers in Kent and sadly they have no record of this particular car:
Forman Ford
Haynes Ford
Allen Ford

I’m still waiting on a reply from Trust Ford.

I can’t find any other dealers for Kent and wondered if anybody has any knowledge of any more or perhaps of a Ford dealer from this era that perhaps no longer exists?

Thanks in advance.

The plate certainly suggests the Maidstone area, however it doesn't appear to show up on ETIS and that might be why the dealers haven't found it, are you supplying them with just the registration, or registration and VIN when checking?

There could be a couple of reasons for the plate not showing a record, usually it's had a plate change in it's past and not returned to the original, or it wasnt registered properly in the Ford system. The VIN doesn't change, so should show up regardless.

Good luck.

Sadly I’ve reached a dead end.

I tried:
Forman Ford
Haynes Ford
Allen Ford
Trust Ford
Invicta Ford
All proved negative however I have established that Ford laidlaw at mill garage & KT Fordat Dartford are no longer trading and as such suspect it may have originated from there. Ford UK were contacted and sadly don’t hold any records or details of where my car originated.

Back to the drawing board!

Latest posts

Back