Newly Purchased Puma

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ViRIDI

Been a member for a bit so thought I’d drop something up.

Just bought the below, 91k miles. Full service history.

Any suggestions on what should be done first?

Thanks in advance 👍🏻

*** can’t upload photos

You can upload once you reach the grand total of 2 posts, this also lifts the post approval.

Welcome to the club, good to have a full service history this far on!

Whilst it has a full service history I'd still as a first thing check when the cambelt was last changed, should be 5 years or 80,000 which ever occurs first.

Then, I'd drive it unless anything else needs doing. Unless you mean in ways of modifications?

red said:
You can upload once you reach the grand total of 2 posts, this also lifts the post approval.

Welcome to the club, good to have a full service history this far on!

Whilst it has a full service history I'd still as a first thing check when the cambelt was last changed, should be 5 years or 80,000 which ever occurs first.

Then, I'd drive it unless anything else needs doing. Unless you mean in ways of modifications?

Cheers mate much appreciated, sorry about the delayed response :-(

Had a look over the history but don't see the cam belt there, how difficult is this to do? Or should I just leave it to the pros? I am fairly together when it comes to cars. I have always been a lover of "Fast Fords" had a couple of XR2's and a 3 but this is my first Puma :eek:

I have done the basic service so far, Sparks, oil & filter, Ignition leads & coil pack. I thought there was a bit of a misfire but I got a diagnostics device and it seems to be the MAF so going give that a clean and see how things go from there.

I am a bit of a "Boy-Racer" at heart and don't want to unjust the Puma but any mods would be kindly received :grin: I got a Hornet exhaust and Hoffmann straight through pipe that I have just fitted also, I have to say I was a little worried after seeing a few posts on here regarding the Hornet exhausts being to loud but I have to say I think it is fine, in fact I would say it is not as loud as I thought it was going to be and even has a nice crackle when down shifting :eek:k:

I just realised I quoted you the interval for the 1.7 but your profile shows 1.6, the interval for that belt is 10 years / 100k.

The cambelt change on a 1.6 is supposedly quite straightforward, the 1.7 on the other hand requires more technical ability due to the VCT

Latest posts

Back