Gear selector

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coffeepot

Well I've got my new to me Puma home what a great little car. I do need to do some bit though. I've all the parts to do a full service but one extra thing I need to do is the gear selector this has obviously worn out I can go 4th to 1st unintendedly. Any suggestions where to start. I also need one additional Propeller spare wheel if anybody has one? Looking forward to hearing from you
Phil

There is rubber bush that the rear of the gear change rod/mechanism sits in, this perishes over time and can cause a vague gear change. I would check that out first, as you are going to race yours there is an all alloy replacement available on eBay which would avoid any play but probably allow to much vibration noise into the cabin though for road use. Another option to stiffen the rubber bush is to fill in the voids with a mastic, I have done this and hasn’t done any harm to the gear change and does feel better although the gear change feel isn’t normally a weak spot of the puma.

Back