Puma 1.7 Blow by gases

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablo Puma

Hi, I don't really have a problem this time with the Puma but I am curious about something I noticed with the PCV system of the 1.7 engine. When you pull out the oil cap while idling (engine cold or hot) you can notice really big pulsations coming out from the head. I am a mechanich myself and I have dealt with quite a few PCV problems and different cars have different pulsations, in some you don't really feel anything, in others the cap is even sucked a little bit and in others the pulsations are pretty strong but I don't know what is normal in this engine or in petrol Ford engines from this era. I don't drive the car that much so I can't relay on oil consumption nor I feel any issues with the engine, it is just pure curiosity, do any of you know how this behaves on any of your cars? Whenever I have time I'll try to post a video so In case it is normal behaviour it will be useful for other members.
Thank you.

It's not something I know the answer to, but a video may help demonstrate.

The site doesn't have the facility to host videos, it'd need to be at an external host and then linked.

Latest posts

Back