Subframe

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was looking at my car the other day and noticed that drivers side wheel sits further back than the passenger, only about 10mm or so. I put this down to the accident i had earlier in the year

Steering arm, wishbone, hub wing everything has been replaced, shocks, top mounts and springs are only 6 months old. Only thing i can think left to change is subframe. Found one or two for a 1.4 and was curious to know if they are the same as the 1.7

I can get hold of one from a1.7 but was just curious to know if they are the same through out

I know the question where are the best places to put axle stands was ask a little while ago....

But where is the best place to put them when removing the subframe and both lower arms?????????????

Anyone with a sensible answer please!!! For that mate you have got to remove and fit the passengerside wishbone :p

On the sills where the normal screw jack goes?

Dal said:
On the sills where the normal screw jack goes?

That could work, i just wanted to know if anyone had done it before to save me time having to figure it out. Its going to take a while this job. Anyone who has removed lower arms before, especially on a puma without an air gun is a nightmare

@martin what time you comming round :grin:

We could do my car and then i could follow you back and help unload furniture. Everyone is a winner :eek:k:

Wishbones have brandnewish bushes on :)

sorry to resurrect an old thread but does anyone know if the subframe on an FRP is the same as a standard puma.

Back