Headlamp removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m trying to remove a headlamp as the levelling isn’t working on it - I’ve removed the grill and the two torx screws on the headlamp and rotated the latch but it won’t budge. It seems to be stuck at the outer bottom corner, is there something I’ve missed?

I’m trying to remove a headlamp as the levelling isn’t working on it - I’ve removed the grill and the two torx screws on the headlamp and rotated the latch but it won’t budge. It seems to be stuck at the outer bottom corner, is there something I’ve missed?
I've never had a problem, except for the very first time when I hadn't turned the latch lever through 90 degrees !
They may need a bit longer of a pull, especially if the headlights haven't been removed for some time..

I’ve got a feeling a lot of this car’s going to be like that!
The Thunder I used to have was high mileage and the previous owner had just done many things to keep it running, like painting over the ABS and Traction control lights, instead of replacing the ABS pump, a little container to catch the oil leaking from the cam cover gasket etc.
I learnt a lot from that car, unfortunately it had had welded patches over patches and wasn't worth keeping.

Latest posts

Back