Project Stealth Turbo ;)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sonnyp

Well where do i start... At the start i rekon. Hre it is..

a panther black 1.7 vct puma. and all the normal stuff blah blah blah..
pict2972.jpg

didnt know what route to take, so i decided to keep it standard. 5 weeks later ive changed my mind. was going to go shawspeed route.. NAH!

turbo route...

with the help and nowledge of pumanoob im going to transford this into a 1.7 puma turbo :)

than black everything and have it sitting on black cossie wheels --> stealth!

so far ive collected a garrett T25 turbo from a saab 9000:
!BlCJ1bQBWk~$(KGrHqUOKi8Etlyt7OKtBL,!4V(Hzg~~_12.JPG

a manifold and cat to adapt to a turbo manifold and downpipe.

a nice intercooler:
!Bln(gZQ!2k~$(KGrHqIH-DwEtrgn3wd)BLcZuLitKQ~~_12.JPG

boost controller:
mbc6.jpg

will be running around 6 - 8 psi of boost to start with on standard everything. then im installing a 2mm thick s/s de-compression plate and seeing what i can get

in the long run looking at around 180bhp but not bothard if its less
and ill be updating here and there when i get more parts and make progress.

sonny :D

please dont tell me thats mountbatton way Nottingham in the pic??

Will be keeping a close eye on this!

Hey, you got your post up, the puma looks soooo good in black!! This 1 is going to be good mate, lets try and build it for less then mine!!

Here you go mate, i think this will work perfect for your application!! Youd bolt the custom flange onto your turbo, with a gasket between, then bolt the whole lot to your standard manifold with another gasket, what do you think?
TurboFlange.jpg

lol because theres a black puma on a piece of road just like that where I deliver to and it catches my eye everytime lol.

Id reccomend some of these mate, if your going for all black. I got these exact ones, cheapest i could find with bulbs included, and theyrs a really good fit like OE. Ive had cheap ones before that are all loose when you fit them, but these are good!
Repeaters.jpg

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380188021987&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

right. just a little update....

i have just recieved two boost valves. one half decent one with a gauge and fse :D

so im gonne put the gauge on the fse..
pict3152.jpg

and i cleaned my turbo a lil.
pict3156.jpg

but honestly this digi cam is crap 10 mega pixels my a*se :p

i have spoke to a laser cutting company and have had some lil bits made up.
soon i will be selling adapting plates for the standard manifold.. so you can bolt a garrett t25 turbo straight on with no worrys :)

just waiting for the adapter plate, boost controller, hoses and down pipe to be delivered :)

Wow, your really going for it with this project, and your looking to make a few squid too!! Can you PM me with the price you can get the flange made up, you will need another flange too, for the turbo outlet to the exhaust, unless you just buy a saab downpipe and take it off? But they seem to cost quite alot

be careful with them i used one and it ruined my fuel pump, fuel filter, MAF, ICV and Lambda. They were probably on their way out but this topped them all off.

ouch. ill try. ill post up if i have any problems :) thanks for the heads up

I dont understand how it could damage the most of them?? The Maf is just a metering unit that measures airflow, so can not be affected by a powerboost valve, the icv is just a valve that opens when the tps is in the closed position, so can not be damaged by a powerboost valve. It could only damage the rest if you set it way too high, it could cause your engine to run rich and damage the lambda, but the fuel filter dosent have any more fuel going through it then normal, but just at increased pressure, so is very unlikely to be damaged, and the same goes for fuel pump. If its set correctly, then the fuel rail pressure is no different to the stock regulator, it just gets to its max pressure (2.7bar iirc)1.7 times faster then with the stock fpr, so if all of those thing went on your car, they would have gone with or without the powerboost valve!

i hear what your saying but im just talking from experience. I had it fitted at the garage with my mates one night and went for a drive.. it started lagging and not running right probably something to do with it being set wrong but thats why I said be careful.

once I got back from the test (1 mile if that) the car was juddering and acting weird. the revs wouldn't drop. the fuel pump was wining like mad and the engine managment light was on with faults on the MAF and the lambda.

changed the MAF and lambda which was covered in unburnt fuel and it ran a bit better but the revs still wouldn't drop so I changed the ICV and it was fine except the horrendous fuel pump whine.

had to change the fuel pump and fuel filter (got told to do that rather than visual damage) hasn't ran amazing since but I think thats because of the lamdba sensor I put in being off a KA and used.

idles perfect now though.

im just saying from my point of view and what happened though I am sure it was my car being a git that then lost it all when something was changed

Back