Wing Mirror Replacement.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidGrosse9119

Hiya Guys.
I am in need of a replacement wing mirror for my puma. Its had a little bit of cosmetic damage due to my bad parking skills. I know the puma is built on the Mk4 Fiesta, but would a wing mirror from this car be able to insert into place. My puma does have the option for heated and electric movement. Are the connectors similar, and do any of you have an tips for getting one of the door card screws out (its pretty stuck)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 13.48.56.png
    Screenshot 2024-05-14 at 13.48.56.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Hiya Guys.
I am in need of a replacement wing mirror for my puma. Its had a little bit of cosmetic damage due to my bad parking skills. I know the puma is built on the Mk4 Fiesta, but would a wing mirror from this car be able to insert into place. My puma does have the option for heated and electric movement. Are the connectors similar, and do any of you have an tips for getting one of the door card screws out (its pretty stuck)
As far as I know the door mirrors are Puma specific, second hand ones do come up for sale occasionally.
Which screw are you having problems with, the middle one is a Torx, T40 (I think) and the handle escutcheon and the lower ones are Phillips/Pozidrive no. 2, I've never had any problems removing them

It's the Middle Torx Screw. I'm gonna find some brake cleaner, it a little rusty, and needs a little encouragement coming out. They do have a second hand puma mirror, it do be 3 times the price though. Worthwhile investment i reckon

It's the Middle Torx Screw. I'm gonna find some brake cleaner, it a little rusty, and needs a little encouragement coming out. They do have a second hand puma mirror, it do be 3 times the price though. Worthwhile investment i reckon
I've had the door cards off 3 different Puma's and never had one of the screw rusty, make sure you have the correct size Torx bit. I normally find Torx screws fairly easy to remove, but have had the odd one causing problems, usually removed using the next size up and hammering it in or a hex key, but both methods as a last resort.
We used to have problems removing a Torx 40 set screw from a pulley at work and the cheap Torx bits used to snap and break, in the the end I used to use a chrome vanadium 1/4 drive bit and never had any problems. Some of the cheap Torx bits are not a very good fit.

Back