023 ready to go nearly

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

Hadthe body work done, the new lsd gearbox fitted, not yet got the bigger nitrous jets but they are coming, new ball joints and poly bushed front end, feels very taught indeed. New ABS sensor, new stainless exhaust and std back box, not sure i like the sound compared to my old box...

New pads and oil change, new led lights in the rear and repositioned front LED drive lights.

mot done except for the emissions. it failed I bought a second hand box and cat before i got miltek distributorship but it was cold when tested so will warm her up then take her again...then hopfully take the girl home have her cleaned and have a smile on my face again....

only real problem is she feels so much slower now, been driving a lot of faster cars and she just feels slow. need to get that turbo sorted...

nope new catalyser and its still failing emissions, must have an engine problem....will have a fiddle and see if can do anything to get it through then have a go at finding what is up later...she sometimes when hot smells of coolant am wondering if the head gasket is leaking.

ah thats interesting, non of my other cars smell of it, well not that I have noticed only this one...

Mine (190) smells of hot coolant after an enthusiastic drive. I've also driven number 62 recantly and that does the same.

are you sure you have plugged the lambda back in properly, I only ask as I didnt and it messed my emissions up. Also is the tester getting the cat hot before he tests it, mine fails if it is cold, but I have a good tester that revs it for a few minutes before testing then it sails through.

Simon

paulob1 said:
nope new catalyser and its still failing emissions, must have an engine problem....will have a fiddle and see if can do anything to get it through then have a go at finding what is up later...she sometimes when hot smells of coolant am wondering if the head gasket is leaking.

yes we tried all of that, the fueling is wrong somewhere, this car has been used with nitrous and it could be burnt valves or damaged injectors, something is making it burn poorly but I will cheat and get it through the test today and then it will be get it sorted but at least I can drive it meantime....

okay fudge worked she is all tested and working...nitroused up and ready to play, cannot wait to get her out....

paulob1 said:
yes we tried all of that, the fueling is wrong somewhere, this car has been used with nitrous and it could be burnt valves or damaged injectors, something is making it burn poorly but I will cheat and get it through the test today and then it will be get it sorted but at least I can drive it meantime....

Nitrous shouldn't do either of those things. It doesn't use the injectors, it has it's own extra fuel injector/s, and the gas itself should actually cool the pre-combustion mixture. Still could be burnt valves but not necessarily due to the Nitrous. A compression check will tell you if any valves are toast.

What system do you have. Are you using a controller for the Nitrous or a basic throttle (Wide Open) actuator?

Cheers

Mark

yo mark, thanks for the info on nitrous we do install it for a living but given the bigger bang, was just wondering if anyone had had any experience of this damaging the injectors, I am suspecting dodgy injectors as it is heavily over fuelling, especially when cold. if she stalls when cold it will flood the engine big time and be very hard to start...will only go with full throttle held for a few seconds...carburettor style...

anyway will do the comp test and then injector swap sometime next week after i have had a bit of fun as she has been off the road for at least three weeks...

got to get the biggier nitrous jets fitted too...

paulob1 said:
yo mark, thanks for the info on nitrous we do install it for a living but given the bigger bang, was just wondering if anyone had had any experience of this damaging the injectors, I am suspecting dodgy injectors as it is heavily over fuelling, especially when cold. if she stalls when cold it will flood the engine big time and be very hard to start...will only go with full throttle held for a few seconds...carburettor style...

anyway will do the comp test and then injector swap sometime next week after i have had a bit of fun as she has been off the road for at least three weeks...

got to get the biggier nitrous jets fitted too...

It does sound like at least one injector is stuck open or at least is leaking fuel in the closed position.

What Nitrous systems do you fit? Highpower Systems International a.k.a Wizards of NOS are the best IMHO :cool:

Cheers

Mark

paulob1 said:
we are WON distributors....we have nitrous for refills...

Cool, I must come and see you sometime and a) get a refill and b) see your FRP's :)

Can you do fast pressure refills or just slow gravity ones?

Ohh and where are you based?

Cheers

Mark

we dont have a pump as we dont have the level of business to buy the pump so its just tank to tank for now...we are in Guildford...

yes agree, and not worth the investment for the amount of tanks we go through at the moment...maybe in a year or so, but nitrous is not the most popular of upgrades...so far anyway...we are promoting it but it doesnt seem to get us much business as yet...

Back