1.6 ford focus manifold work ???

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kenner2002

Hey guys, me mate asked if his 1.6 ford focus manifold would work on my puma? I not too sure but got me thinking a bit.

1998 mk1 focus 1.6 here's the link for manifold off good old eBay as I don't have a pic handy
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-1-4-1-6-98-04-Exhaust-Manifold-Front-Down-Pipe-Gasket-Set-70394-/181345945880?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a390f8918" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bare in mind I will get off me mate for next to nothing or I would go out and buy 421 manifold but if I could save a bit that's a bonus.

I know it kinda same shape as 421 manifold but would it work as I use mine for the track not the road. If it dose fit I could just add mid race tube and then back box. would it give me abit more power and noise for little cheaper price than full race spec system.

Can't tell from the photo whether it would fit but it still would hardly give a difference between the standard Puma one as the individual pipe lengths are still far too short. You're better off buying a second hand puma or Fiesta 4 branch off ebay, there's plenty that come up for sale.
Barry

yeah I though it might not work just easy to fit one that fits a puma, me mate said they talking about it on the ford puma owners group on Facebook about it but I wasn't too sure and we couldn't fine it on the site.

I have been keeping my eye out for 2nd 421 manifold on eBay and gumtree.

Ginger Tom said:
No, it won't work on a puma, that manifold goes over the front sub frame the one for a puma goes under the front sub frame, it will fit the engine but not the car.
I was thinking of the engine, but didn't consider anything else. :oops:

Latest posts

Back