Standalone ECU and Lambda

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Williamsclio1

Hi Guys, can someone please assist me, I am using a stock Ford Puma 1.7 wiring loom however I am looking to run just one lambda sensor as per the FRP, and not two as the standard puma, does anyone know which one of the two lambda sensors I need to extend to reach the one at the bottom of the manifold? (Green or blue as per the photo).
Does anyone know if then it’s just a case of the mapper turning off one of the sensors on an aftermarket ECU?
I have a forged engine with uprated fuel pump and injectors with a supercharger and S1600 inlet so looking in to standalone ECU’s anyone have any recommendations? I have started looking at the Emerald K6 unit as they now offer a plug and play adapter which would make the installation nice and easy and it looks to support everything that I need, I have also added a MAP sensor which I believe is required in order for the mapper to make the supercharger setup work.
https://www.emeraldm3d.com/ecu-plug-and-play-adapters/emerald-k6-ecu-plug-play-adapter-ford-1-6-1-7-vvt.html

Attachments

• 285823046_758274868535153_7539007803974260333_n.png
    285823046_758274868535153_7539007803974260333_n.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 34
As above, the second lambda was added to the later models regardless of edition.

The info is in ->this<- thread to answer your question, it's the pre-cat green that needs to be extended and the blue post cat could be left disconnected.

Low cost Motorsport do a Speeduino plug and play installed in a standard Puma ecu case. I have one, it has inbuilt MAP sensor and means you can remove the MAF. I have one for my turbo build. Haven’t had it tuned yep but plugged in in to my standard Puma and it started straight away.

Hi Guys, can someone please assist me, I am using a stock Ford Puma 1.7 wiring loom however I am looking to run just one lambda sensor as per the FRP, and not two as the standard puma, does anyone know which one of the two lambda sensors I need to extend to reach the one at the bottom of the manifold? (Green or blue as per the photo).
Does anyone know if then it’s just a case of the mapper turning off one of the sensors on an aftermarket ECU?
I have a forged engine with uprated fuel pump and injectors with a supercharger and S1600 inlet so looking in to standalone ECU’s anyone have any recommendations? I have started looking at the Emerald K6 unit as they now offer a plug and play adapter which would make the installation nice and easy and it looks to support everything that I need, I have also added a MAP sensor which I believe is required in order for the mapper to make the supercharger setup work.
https://www.emeraldm3d.com/ecu-plug...6-ecu-plug-play-adapter-ford-1-6-1-7-vvt.html
What injectors are you using?

Latest posts

Back