1.7 ROCKER COVER NEEDED ASAP!!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacko

Hi guys.

After 7 months of rebuilding almost everything in the engine bay i finally got the engine running yesterday.....for 5 minutes!!!! shes pi$$ing oil out from near the oil pump....stripped it all down to find it was from the inlet cam pulley....took the rocker cover off to find the 'groove' that holds the seal where it bumps over the cam has a bloody great chip missing out of one of its 'walls'....so it dont seal no more :-(

needless to say i need a new cambelt (anyone want a 2nd hand one; 5mins use, only a little bit oily!!!? lol)

i reckon it can be 'fixed' (bodged) with lots of sealant as per how a garage in the past have fixed it (no prizes for correct guesses!!....shhh...pb...!) but it now explains why i had a very slight leak for all this time.

ideally i need a new rocker cover but please check yours has NO damage to the grooves that hold the rocker seal

cheers

Jacko

Jacko, a member of here called Ian G is a trader who regularily breaks and strips Puma's for parts. Private message him with what your after and he'll message you back quickly with a price including postage.

I've bought parts from him and he's very reasonable with his prices and quick in posting the parts!

:grin: :grin: :grin:

I've got two here from engines which were stripped, I'll check them over for said damage and make sure they're an improvement on your current one.

Will be £20 posted if I have one in good condition.

To get to the rocker cover I presume you need to take the plastic cover off which is secured with about 8 hex shaped bolts, i tried taking mine off and found that someone has rounded one of the bolts so i cannot get it undone, any ideas on how i could get the bugger out?

Or failing that, use a dremel type tool with a cutting disc on it. Cut the bolt head to make two flat sides, then undo with an adjustable spanner.

Latest posts

Back