1.7 w reg puma fitting different seats

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iPuma

Hi, my seat is too high. It's set to the lowest setting. What are my options to get it lower? Will the seats from the Millenium or racing go in?

Afraid the seat won't go any lower - the driving position isn't ideal for taller folks.

As for Milly or FRP seats (if you can find any and are prepared to pay a fortune), yes they will fit.

Or you could buy a set of generic bucket style seats for a whole lot less and fit them..

Take out the subframes and carpet and weld it direct to the floor! :wink:

On a more serious note, how come you think it's too high?
I'm 6ft 3 and have no problems with it, what car did you have previously?

I have a 58 3 series. Trust me, the driving position is too high. Hut I might take your suggestion!

Im about 6ft 4 and hav no problems with the seats although i have managed to get hold of a set of bucket seats just finding it difficult as to how im going to fit them into the car as i dont have the sub frames for them and £120 each side is alot of money unless sum1 has any other suggestion?

I know this is a bit late but i just want to add that the seats in the new shape 3 series go stupendously low, it's like you actually sit on the floor, the only car i've seen with lower seats is my Capri and the Lotus Elise, and they are low.

Just thought you may want to know.

Back