1400 power steering question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
By which Tom means on the drivers side / end of the engine, however you could consider it to be in the front of the engine in as much as it is in front of No 1 cylinder, at the end of the engine.

Its clear as mud now :grin:

errmmm...I meant the front being towards the headlight end of the car - i.e. on the radiator side of the engine block rather than on the bulkhead side.

I think you're both telling me "no"??

Thanks for replying

Thats right I believe its on the drivers right hand side of the engine like the 1.7. Not the headlight end , not the bulkhead to the passenger compartment end.

Trying to find power steering pipes to fit 1600 Zetec SE engine which has the pump at the front. I have pipes for LHD rack to front, or RHD to rear. I think non-aircon 1.25 / 1.4 Fiestas have them (£150 new!) or I'll have to get some made up.

I had to swallow the bullet and pay something like that for the rack to pump pipe on a 1.7 due to heavy rust.

I tried some local places to get one made but they could repair a pipe but not create a new one.Particularly because there was a pressure sensor in the pipe.

Latest posts

Back