1400 to 1700 conversion

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vraaltuh

i did a conversion on my puma, have a 1700 for about 2 years, but as it was very rotten, went out to buy a good looking 1400, and this week put the 1700 in the 1400 shell, everything seems to work,engine runs and so, there are just 2 things that dont work, the temp gauge:as i turn the key it goes al the way in to the red and stays there until i take the key back out, and driverside headlight doesnt work properly: all lights work except for the big middle one, already tested with other units so its not in the headlight, any ideas??? all earths are on and checked, also used the the engine loom of the 1700, any ideas?? :cry:

will check for bad wires,also when you take out the tempsensorplug, should the fan kick in?? as mine doesnt,

apart from the two little issues how easy was the swap? did you take any pics of the process?
when/if my engine gives up on me (its done 120,000) I would consider the swap to a low mileage 1700, but be great to know whats involved.

Shanosburgess said:
apart from the two little issues how easy was the swap? did you take any pics of the process?
when/if my engine gives up on me (its done 120,000) I would consider the swap to a low mileage 1700, but be great to know whats involved.

engineswap is very easy! took me 3 days,all you need is
-engine of course,and everything that comes with it
-the loom thats under the bonnet, just plugs over with the connectors
-ecu with the masterkey

with aircon dont know how that goes
as the new shell didnt have aircon, and dindt swap it all over

Nice job, I'm now with the same conversion with the same reason
only I swap the ABS from the 1.7 etc cause the 1.4 shell doesn't have ABS

Rgds

Gijs

all problems solved!
tempgauge sensor was broken
headlight had bad earthing from loom ,so made a new one
and as for the fan, d\i didnt realise the engine needs to run to check the fan kicking in when sensorplug removed! :p

Latest posts

Back