15" x 7J Wheels

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulZ

What offsets are people using on 15" 7J track wheels (Team dynamic pro race 1.2's)?

Using WillTheyFit.com I am guessing around ET25 to keep the back face of the wheel in a similar place relative to the struts but has anyone had issues with rubbing when lowered or hard use on track. Rear arches have loads of space outwards of the car but fronts not so much.

Any advice, experience etc welcome.

Cheers
Paul Z

Here's a calculator that compares wheel widths and offsets:
https://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator

Thanks but that's pretty much the same as the website I mentioned. Wondered if anyone had an experience with different offsets?

Paul Z

I'm not running 15" but 16x7.5J's that are ET35 running a 15mm hubcentric spacer so basically make them ET20 never had any rubbing on track or street driving. Tire size 215/45/16 so pretty wide

Hi.
I run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, because l run Focus ST 170 wheels the bearings only load up the equivelent of 16mm spacers. Prior to the Focus wheels l was running 20mm spacers. Over the past six years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. On that basis l would not worry about overloading the wheel bearings. Hope this is of use to you.

Regards
Richard

Thanks for the replies folks.

Brian - That's especially good news though as that's wider than I want to go.

Cheers
Paul Z

it's not too wide with 30mm
RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
Hi.
I run 30 mm HR hubcentric spacers front and rear, because l run Focus ST 170 wheels the bearings only load up the equivelent of 16mm spacers. Prior to the Focus wheels l was running 20mm spacers. Over the past six years there has been no problems with the wheel bearings. On that basis l would not worry about overloading the wheel bearings. Hope this is of use to you.

Regards
Richard

30mm spacers is not too wide under the fronts wings ?

i have bought 25 mm spacers and with the fiesta ZS wheel (15x6 ET43,5), it's look very wide,
with the coilover who lowered a lot the front of the car,
i'm worried the wings grinding tyres in fast driving :shock: :eek:

Latest posts

Back