2001 1.7 Puma – 1 lady owner – 40412 miles - SOLD to myself

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tracyb

For sale: 1.7 Puma 2001 (51 plate), Moondust Silver, 40412 miles. The car has a full service history and I have all the MOT certificates and work receipts. It’s always been serviced at the Ford dealer’s and had new genuine Ford parts fitted when needed. The only exception to that was a used ABS module, which Ford’s fitted for me, in 2013. I had the heated front windscreen replaced in 2011 when a small crack appeared in an important place on the original one causing an MOT failure. It has 2 keys, air conditioning, heated front and back windscreens, immobiliser, and alloys.

I’ve had this car from new and have loved driving it. It’s always started first time. It has always been driven carefully and never been ramped. It has never been in an accident. When the car was 16 months old it was broken into and had the stereo stolen which resulted in a new driver’s side door being fitted. The replacement stereo still works although it’s a bit temperamental over which CDs it will play.

Unfortunately, it’s not been driven much this last year and has stood for periods on the drive. It’s not my main car (I’m also running a Ford Focus) and I don’t have any garage facilities.

The car just failed its MOT and I’m gutted :cry: . It is for this reason I am reluctantly letting it go. It so deserves to be saved but it will take some labour to get it through the MOT and I don’t have the wherewithal to do it myself.

It failed on the following:
• Subframe mounting prescribed area is excessively corroded – front (DANGEROUS).
• Machperson strut has excessive movement at the upper attachment nearside rear and offside rear.

There were also a few advisories as follows:
• Direction indicator slightly discoloured nearside and offside front.
• Coil spring corroded nearside front and rear and offside front and rear.
• Oil leak on engine.
• Needs new tyres.

The actual bodywork is in excellent condition with just a bit of bubbling on the nearside back wheel arch. The car is really clean and tidy inside and out. The engine is fine.

As it’s considered dangerous to drive it’s currently on the forecourt of Trustford’s in St Helens, Merseyside. The buyer will need to collect it.

£400 (sensible offers).

Telephone Tracy on 07715498717 or Email: [email protected]

PS - Pictures available (I need to work out how to add them to this post :oops:).

Pictures: http://s989.photobucket.com/user/tbrobyn/library/Puma" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After reading posts elsewhere on the site I thought it is probably important to add that no filler or spray paint has ever been used on this Puma. The only paintwork ever done was the professional application of an under body coating in 2011.

Offers welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back