4x4 frp

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frp292

would it be possible to modify an existing 4 weel drive system to fit onto the frp? just had a bit of a weird dream last night that it was attempted and it all went a wee bit wrong! so now am qurious if any one has any ideas, suggestions or plans!

I know Jacko is working on a 4 wheel drive system using the floor plan from an old Puma he had... how the progress is going im not so sure lol :lol:

Not sure if Warrens was done like this?

However Dave on here somewhere has modified his Puma to have RWD/4WD (I don't recall which)

I was told that some gear bolts directly on, and its not a massive job, however i have also heard exactly the opposite...the oft quoted method seems to be to take a saphire, shorten it a tad and then weld puma on top...is one of my ideas but to be honest seems a bit of a pointless excercise, may as well buy a cossie...oh thats what I am doing damn,...

I was going to fix the mondeo /jaguar 4x4 system to mine but not sure it is worth the effort...you have a very short very wide high powered car and it will go in all directions but straight if your not careful...and the transfer box i am told wont take much more than 250 bhp on the jag combo so that isnt looking great...

my last thoughts were to take the saphire floor pan, bolt on the puma body at the front but leave the chassis at full length then cut the back end so that only the rear wheels are left at the back, then cut the pumas back end and extend the arches ala Porsche 917 style... would make an awesome track day car...with mega wing fitted on the back, 525 bhp from the stage 4 tune and bingo i have a completely nutter car.

would still love a proper puma 4x4 model though...

I was also told by the guy at pumabuild they would not do it again, hard work and not easy at all...

Back