6006E FOR MY PUMA

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crackintackle

My radio has died, although CD's are working fine. Need to buy a replacement if anyone can help.
Thanks

I think we might have the 6006 we took out our Thunder in the garage - was working fine when we took it out to put an after-market head unit in. I can have a look if you'd be interested?

Hello Dal

That would be great of you still have it and it works OK. Let me know how much you want for it.

Regards

I'll have a look tonight to make sure I still have it :eek:k:

Found it:

16316645989_3b1111219d_b.jpg

No idea on a price so I looked on ebay to find there's only one silver one at £70 + postage which seems a bit excessive. So £35 + postage?

Either with Paypal (if you have it) or a direct bank transfer?

Send a cheque if you don't mind waiting for a while.. :lol:

PS: It's only about a fiver to post it with myhermes if that's what you want to do..

I'll send you a PM with the details - hopefully you can reply with your address etc.

First of all thanks to Dal - lost without my wireless!!

I have a conumdrum however. When Yog took my radio out of my car, it had a sticker with DEC 2006 on it. I bought my Puma new through a Ford Purchase Scheme, the radio has never, ever been removed - my owners manual has the serial number and code for this radio - so my question is, how can the radio have a sticker with DEC 2006 on it, when I have had the car since 2002.

It is curious.

Maybe that's an "install by" date? Think the one I have has a similar "future" date too...

You are right Dal - I spoke with my cousin last night (she works for Ford and I bought my car through her ticket) and it is a use by date - Thanks

:eek:k:

If you reply to the PM I sent about how you want it sending, I can give you a cost and bank transfer details ;)

Both units are defunct - however it wasn't all bad news.

Question is I need to buy another radio, and my knowledge of such things would barely cover a stamp.

I want: FM/CD + facility for an iPod or MP3 (which is best?) No need to use a phone or watch a film!!

I don't want: Anything with bright coloured lights.

I will spend up to £300 (ish).

Thank you

Crackintackle said:
Both units are defunct

Dal said:
I think we might have the 6006 we took out our Thunder in the garage - was working fine when we took it out to put an after-market head unit in. I can have a look if you'd be interested?

As Dal says, the stereo was working perfectly when it we removed it from the Thunder. As you've had the same issue with more than one stereo, it looks to me that you have some other underlying issue. Personally I'd look at resolving that first, rather than throwing a few hundred quid at another stereo.

Cherie said:
As Dal says, the stereo was working perfectly when it we removed it from the Thunder. As you've had the same issue with more than one stereo, it looks to me that you have some other underlying issue. Personally I'd look at resolving that first....
Wouldn't that be a bit of a wild goose chase if YOG has already looked at this setup? - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=332196#p332196" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It would seem the 6006 I sent must have been damaged in transit even though I thought I packed it pretty well. They are fragile things at the best of times.

:(

Dal's unit was damaged in transit, as the small white plastic roller which guides the CD had snapped off and was lying in the housing. There are no underlying issues with my car, as it has been looked at. It would appear that I have been extremely lucky that my 6006E has lasted for 13 years. The mobile audio guy has offered me £50 for my unit, and I will keep the one from Dal, should I ever get rid of the old girl - doubtful. Just need a new audio unit.

Back