98 r puma rear lights misting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacemonkey166

ok so a problem that we all must have how do we stop the rear lights misting up apart from failed rear suspension i mean it fell apart rusty arches a major oil leak somewhere near the middle on the drivers side powersteering fluid leaking out but only slowly and the fact the car tops out at 115mph not so good for a 1.7 its a wonderfull little car the wife loves it and its like driving a gocart any ideas would be great, one thing ive tryed if its any help to anyone load of really small holes in the back of the light case :)

My n/s taillight has the same problem, dont drill lots of holes in it, dont think that will help, but make it worse. I removed mine the other day to see what was going on, I got dirt in mine as well. The seal has probably gone on the bottom like mine,

I have not repaired it yet but will be putting pictures on my project when I do. you just need to clean the light out with de-ionised water if its got dirt in like mine, if not remove it and let it dry out in the house and just run a bit of sealant along the offending part of the seal, to seal it up.

You may find it quicker and cheaper to get a new unit from ebay. When I bought my puma it had a hole in the cover like someone had hit it with a golf ball. I managed to pick up a replacement for £8.00 on there. Obviously most of them are auctions so it does take a bit of patience to watch them and put in the right price. I've seen them go on ebay for approximately £20-£25 so make sure you 'watch' as many as you can

yeah, phil is probably right if you can find one for the right price, if not seal er up! :eek:k:

looks like a go with the silicon gun wonderfull invention although i did try lots of little holes and i mean the smallest drill bit i could find has cleared the problem and with the rain recently i would of expect them to be misted by now

Back