Aarons Track Project

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice one, I'll go have a look at it. Unfortunately the weather forecast for next Sunday at knockhill is sleet & snow so even if the track is open not sure if I fancy it on track tyres! Mean I'm going to have to postpone the track day until next month, plus side is I have loads of time to get everything finished.

While I had a few spare moments yesterday I freshened up the callipers
2266E96D-624C-45FA-A800-6785501C292F-16243-00000C6D71F70A99.jpg

EBA97932-6645-4002-A01C-D9CD37882286-16243-00000C6D7CB125F7.jpg

Charts guys
Race tube, I believe it makes a difference, it is suppose to help the flow of exhaust gases as and it does sound better but you should see more benefit if you have a de-cat etc but no doubt if I'm wrong someone will correct me. :)

Real nice mate! Your front air ram is huge! I'm a fan of decals too but the bonnet one doesn't quite do it for me, and the orange side lenses are bugging me but love the rest, what's next?

The one on the bonnet was never planned, it was supposed to go over the rear arch (like puma trainer logo) but was no where near the right size so stuck it there instead. Next up hopefully is a decat manifold, front upper strut when I can find one cheap enough and eventually a roll cage. Once the snow has fecked off i will look at booking my local airstrip for an evening again.

Finally got my diy front splitter fitted (link below on full story) still not finished needs a few more coats of paint but its getting there
C78975B1-E3A8-4D0D-BA54-7247808781EA-21526-000010AB56604504.jpg

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?nomobile=1&f=13&t=16697&p=270081#p270081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its made from plywood and the corners are gunna get trimmed down about buts its nice and sturdy

I made mine from marine grade plywood too, 9mm thick seems plenty thick enough, should be very little flex once its attached. Its not painted yet, but here is the template and the finished article. I got some trim edging off ebay.

Going to paint it satin black to match everything else!

Sorry but have to agree with jay.. it just looks a bit weird :/ still if it serves a purpose and functions well thats really what matters.

Edit - didn't notice the next page, looks loads better :D

I have trimmed it down a little since then and does look better, looking at booking local airfield for an evening for a couple of weeks time and see what its like at high speed :grin:

Went to pumaspeed today to collect 20mm axle spacers and I could of spent so much money I don't have. Also took delivery of another eBay bargain front upper strut for fiesta v £24 good upgrade and moments to fit

Dropped car off at local garage to see if I would ever get an mot, after a small list and a few busy nights booked in this weekend. Can't wait to get it back on the road, next job insurance :?

null-2.jpg

Got my puma to York raceway on Sunday, had a good day but lacking in bhp kept up with most things off the line in my class but they pulled away eventually :-(
null.png

Latest posts

Back