ABS and Traction control lights

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there, just joined the forum and in need of some advice. My traction and ABS lights are on. At first they would come on with a horrible crunching sound (at about the 12/13mph known mark) then go off, this happened for a couple of weeks then the lights just stayed on for good.

I got advised that it would be a faulty sensor so had this replaced but this didnt work.

I then had a diagnostic done and the only fault it found was a 'fault on the electronic instrument cluster', so i had a full new set of dials/clocks installed......the lights still stayed on.

I'm now at a loss as to what the problem could be, the dianostic machine saw NO faults with the breaking or ABS system but the lights are staying on and i need an M.O.T asap (this is the only thing it failed on)

I'm booked into pumaspeed on the 24th (as this is my next day off work). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas?

Many thanks in advance

cheers

Matt

Hi Matt,

Have all the ABS fuses and relays been checked? Is it positive that the ABS pump module is working correctly?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=13870#13870" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully Tony @ Pumaspeed will get to the bottom of it.

my lights are both on too......this really is common isnt it lol as i need to change pads and shoes im going to clean all the sensors up first and hope this cures mine

I doubt the cleaning will work.

New sensors £42 delivered:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... 0313710835

Hi Dal,

I have checked the fuses as per your diagram and they all seem fine, how do I check tbe relays?

I would have thought the the diagnostic would have shown a fault with the abs pump module although I'm not going to rule this out.

Thanks again for your help

Cheers

Matt

ma773w said:
I would have thought the the diagnostic would have shown a fault with the abs pump module although I'm not going to rule this out.

Hmm, you're probably right :(

If you know the inputs / outputs of the relays pins, you can check continuity. Otherwise seeing if they are mounted correctly is about the only other thing you can do apart from swapping with known good ones.

Fingers crossed at Pumaspeed.

YOG said:
I doubt the cleaning will work.

New sensors £42 delivered:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;? ... 0313710835

I dunno, it seems to have worked for a few people and that's my intention too before I cough up any cash for new ones. Luckily I have a spare in the house so I'm going to check them all for resistance aswell incase any are kaput.

As I've posted before though, mine still passed the MOT with the lights on so at worse I'll take mine to the same place for the MOT if I haven't fixed them by November...lol

If he fails it next time I'll threaten him with VOSA for passing it last year...lol

Back