ABS BRAKE FAILURE CODES

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burger Boy

Can anyone help, my ABS isn't working and the analysis (X431 DIAG Report) has raised the following faults:

Codes:

C1155 Left Front
C1145 Right Front
C1155 Left Front
C1145 Right Front

Does anyone know what the codes mean? and what parts I need to rectify the problem?

Many Thanks
Scott

Sounds like the front sensors, unusual for both to go at the same time though.

You want ATE sensors, they make them for Ford, you can get them here - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PUMA-FIESTA-1-25-1-4-1-6-1-7-FRONT-ABS-SENSOR-ORIGINAL-/330463319805?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cf12616fd" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They aren't handed, so same part either side. Getting the old sensor out is a pig as they tend to break up and bits get stuck in the hole.

Before replacing, try removing the front wheels and cleaning the sensors and tone wheels with brake cleaner, or something similar (that won't leave your brake discs greasy when you accidentally spray some on them).

Don't forget you have to drive the car to get it to do the self-test to make the light go off.

Hope this helps!

Once again Flash,
Many Thanks,

By the way the FRP gearbox with ST150 clutch feels quality, a lot stiffer which really suits the car. Slow in 1st gear up to 3000rpm but then kicks in, and it feels like its pulling more in 2nd,3rd & 4th, very good. I assume it won't have any effect on the 0-60mph but does feel a lot better than the standard gearbox.
Quality buy, many thanks mate, just need the manifold, cams and re-map to bring it up to the FRP standard.
Cheers
Scott

No probs, pleased to hear all is well with the 'box / clutch combo.

Good luck with the ABS, hopfully new sensors will sort it.

At last I have had both front ABS sensors changed and the warning lights have gone out, Happy Days !

Back