ABS Problem...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenithus

...is finally fixed!!

I've never heard of this problem before, so I thought I'd share it with all of you.

I thoguht it was the sensor that was broken after the light kept coming on intermittently on the dashboard, despite the fact that the self-test reset the light every time I set off. I got a new sensor and took it down to my trusted auto electricians. He fitted the new sensor, drove it around for a bit, and it tripped on the ECU again. He tried tracing the wire all the way up but couldn't find the problem.

Turns out that the castleated ring which the ABS sensor uses, had rusted over the holes ever so-slightly, which had caused some weird readings on the sensor, which would think that the wheels were spinning sometimes, and other times think the whole sensor had broken. The rust got cleaned off the ring and its been fine ever since, with the old sensor!

How strange is that?

Quite normal I'd say :p

The sensor must have something to sense so checking the target is normal I'd have thought. Was it the front or rear?

The front is easy to check as you can see it without taking anything off:

[albumimg]523[/albumimg]

The rear is in the hub - in front of the bearings:

[albumimg]2491[/albumimg]

Glad it's sorted :eek:k:

Back