abs removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brianshepherd

Hi guys.
Has anyone out there removed the abs system from a puma 1.7 2000 model?
Considering doing it. How difficult is it?
I have never owned a car with abs so totally used to driving without it.but also never removed it from a car either

I've removed it on my race car, but cant see the point of removing a useful safety device on a road car. Also assuming it's a road car, it would also fail the MOT without ABS.

drmotorsport said:
Also assuming it's a road car, it would also fail the MOT without ABS.

The MOT tester at my local Kwik Fit said that if things are fitted and don't work then it'll fail, but if it's not fitted at all then it's not on the test. This was about 12 months ago and things change, but i guess he knows best.

TGPlayer1 said:
drmotorsport said:
Also assuming it's a road car, it would also fail the MOT without ABS.

The MOT tester at my local Kwik Fit said that if things are fitted and don't work then it'll fail, but if it's not fitted at all then it's not on the test. This was about 12 months ago and things change, but i guess he knows best.

MOT rules can be strange, one of my bikes has no indicators fitted, the tester told me that it would be a fail like that but if I removed ALL the lights he couldn’t test that whole section and that would just be an advisory of ‘no lights fitted’ so every year I remove the head/tail/brake light, take it for its test in the back of the van and it passes.
Strange but true.

It's a dark art I'll never understand. As someone who works in the motor trade and has cars MOT'd on an almost daily basis, I can only conclude that it depends on the tester's mood at the time as to whether a car/bike will pass or not.

Latest posts

Back