Advice re: claim

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badger_

In December a council worker (in council van) reversed into my OH's car - very low speed as it was in a car park, but it did cause a bit of damage to his front bumper.
Got the guy's details, and OH rang up the insurance to get it sorted. Fast foward to the other day when I asked him if he'd heard anything further from them... He hadn't so decided to ring them today and chase things up.
They've basically turned round and said they have no record of the van holding insurance with them??
Apparently they tried to call him yesterday to tell him, but I was at home all day and no one rang and they didn't ring his mobile or work number either.

He's going to ring the council tomorrow as he has the name of the guy's manager, but basically any advice of what to do next would be appreciated.

Contact the council yourself

Establish the person responsible for the fleet

Ask them what is going on.

If you have all the other parties details just ring your own insurance company and let them deal with it.
No point in spending £££'s AND doing their work for them too! lol

Your own insurance company will then sort out all the repairs at one of their own approved places or one of your own choices.

Get your moneys worth out of the robbing SOB's and let them deal with all the stress too!

Ah.....just thought tho...... you may have to cough up your excess first to get it sorted out. :-(

Back