Aero wiper blades

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollywood

May have been posted before, but these not only look better, but work better, and they're cheaper here than usual wiper blades!

eBay item number: 190552996715

Fitted them yesterday, work a treat! Much better than standard spring loaded wipers, no blade jump at speed, very quiet, and they look good!

Hollywood said:
Fitted them yesterday, work a treat! Much better than standard spring loaded wipers, no blade jump at speed, very quiet, and they look good!

Sounds great how long did they take to come? for near £7 a bargain!!

Aero wiperblades are so much better than the standard jobbies - i've been using them for as long as i can remember and always buy mine nice and cheap off ebay too! :eek:k:

Just got mine in post look good very flexiable so should contour to screen well.
Can they go on 2 ways? as the bracket is off set so could go one of 2 ways I think on box it does not show which way or do they only go on one way?

Will try this eve!

slayllian said:
are they in pairs at that price?

Yep made by 'Carall' wierdly box says 1x and 19" etc but there is a label over all that but
got 2 blades inside! and measuered 19" long.

I guess they top blade pointd backwards when mounting so wind goes over them easier!

Bought some similar ones myself and it wasn't long before they started to judder which was a pain in the backside. They will work much better if the windscreen is cleaned of bugs etc after long dry spells which is what I found when I cleaned my car at Ford Fair and did the windscreen with Demon Shine (I don't think your supposed too...lol).
I got caught in a heavy downpour after and for a while I didn't even have to use the wipers at all as the rain just ran off which was impressive but when I did eventually use the wipers it really helped them and the judder stopped.

Moral of the story - keep the windscreen generally clean from sap/flies etc. Just checked and I actually bought the wipers in June 2009 (3 for £16.98) so they're probably a bit long in the tooth anyway. Will see if they pass they're 3rd MOT in a few weeks before I decide to buy more....lol.

I recently bought the aero wipers, and they are the best wipers i have used, haven't used them on any of my previous cars, but really wish i had done.

As long as you use a slightly higher concentration of screenwash, the judder stops, they aren't as good as the Bosch aero blades, but considering the price I'm more than happy! And yes, a pair for that price! Gonna get some for my other half's fiesta too!

yippeekiay said:
Bought some similar ones myself and it wasn't long before they started to judder which was a pain in the backside. They will work much better if the windscreen is cleaned of bugs etc after long dry spells which is what I found when I cleaned my car at Ford Fair and did the windscreen with Demon Shine (I don't think your supposed too...lol).
I got caught in a heavy downpour after and for a while I didn't even have to use the wipers at all as the rain just ran off which was impressive but when I did eventually use the wipers it really helped them and the judder stopped.

Moral of the story - keep the windscreen generally clean from sap/flies etc. Just checked and I actually bought the wipers in June 2009 (3 for £16.98) so they're probably a bit long in the tooth anyway. Will see if they pass they're 3rd MOT in a few weeks before I decide to buy more....lol.
Excellent tip, Yip!
Now I can sort mine out... damn judder!

No wiper is going to work correctly if the wiper blade/arm is u/s and/or blades are not set up correctly in relation to the screen. Blades are often forced out of their correct position by trying to clear snow or ice with them.
Switch on ignition.
Switch on wipers.
Stop wipers (by switching off ignition), just before they get to end of their vertical position.
Pull arm away from screen and then, very gently , lower it back on.
The "rubber" blade should now have just it's edge touching the screen and be at 90 degrees to it. This can be seen clearly from inside car.
If "rubber" blade is tilting either way from 90 degrees, the flat metal part of wiper arm needs to be twisted gently to bring it back to vertical.
Do not try and twist arm by using wiper blade. If using pliers or "grips", ensure paint on flat part of arm is not damaged by using something like cardboard (cloth won't work) between jaws and arm.

If you cannot achieve this, either insert/blade is u/s, or the arm itself is putting too much pressure on the blade.

put mine on today and go test them, give screen a good clean first. and worked a treat no streaks at all and looke much more modern like ones one newer fords, for £6 or so delivered a bargain. as with all blades need to be looked after and replaced when needed hear to many peeps say not replaced for years!

Have just ordered some tonight,,,will be interesting to find out how they function in next weeks predicted awful weather......This really is one of the best sites for all things relating to the Puma and peeps so willing to pass on excellent advice and tips.xxxx

Back