Air bag warning light

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hotfuz

One of the various repairs I have done since my recent purchase is replacing the steering wheel.

The previous owner replaced the wheel as the old wheels grip was unsightly and although the new wheel was in good condition he was unable to wire the air bag as he said the air bag yellow connection was different and not compatible as the replacement wheel was the first version with the embossed “Ford” badge and my model as a 2001 was the newer blue “Ford” badge.

As such he removed the airbag completely and one of the first things I did after buying the car was to I purchase the correct wheel with air bag fitted. On checking the wiring the connections are not different, all it was is that some of the old metal electrical connector remained in the yellow connector preventing him fitting the wheel he purchased.

The wheel I have fitted connects ok however the airbag warning light doesn’t even illuminate, (Wasn’t illuminated previously with disconnected airbag) so I assume the warning light is disconnected somewhere. The question is:

Is this a bulb that simply disconnects as I removed the binnacle but can’t see how to get to the bulbs/led’s. Do you get to it from the speedo side as I wasn’t sure if the circuit board at the rear comes off? Don’t won’t to make things worse or should I simply leave it?

Cheers in advance

Back