Air con regas

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogee

Just had my 2001 Puma regassed, apparently it's supposed to hold 740g of r134a. Turned out the system still had 500g in it which is a miracle considering I've not touched it in 3 years other than making sure I use it regularly.

There are a few places where you can get 'equivalent' gas for DIY but I was lucky in that a bloke on our estate was doing regassing cheap with a proper machine. It's getting harder and harder for us DIY types as the powers that be don't want us fiddling around with greenhouse gases. Try Easyklima (Polish outfit) or Amazon has had it in the past.

Air con is a funny thing, you can have a 3 year old car with leaks and problems yet 20+ year cars where it works fine. Being slightly prejudiced I would say (in my experience) the French manufacturers are worst for flaky AC and the Japanese are best, Ford somewhere in the middle. Happy to be proved wrong!

As far as I am aware my 2001 Puma has never been re-gassed, certainly not in my 9 year ownership, and my icy aircon is far colder than my modern MX5.

Latest posts

Back