Air flow sensor problems?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenesisRed

Hi

So, my lovely 8 month owned Puma has yet another problem. This time, when it's fully warmed up, the idle is all over the place, and when you put it into gear at the lights, it doesn't respond to the throttle and dies. Basically the same effect as if you unattached the air flow sensor.

So, i'm waiting on the garage to change it now, but i'm not convinced it's the problem simply because every problem thus far goes through iterations until the real problem is found, which is getting expensive. And this is only the second (the diagnostic read out when i had to call the RAC to recover it pointed to a different sensor to be changed).

Is this the right track or is it yet another red herring?

Cheers!

Interesting, so you think it could be the pre cat lamda? It only happens once the car is fully warmed up.

Which is it more likely to be?
Pre-cat lamda
Air flow sensor (would it make sense to only happen when warm?)
Coil pack (which from my desk research seems more likely to happen any time rather than only when warm)

Cheers

With the air flow sensor changed, it seems to be back to normal at last. Fingers crossed! Thanks for the advice; I might look at those area too, just to be safe.

Cheers

Back