Alcon Caliper Painting

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richard_rip

Hi guys
I've stripped the front calipers on my FRP and want to get them repainted, does anyone know someone that will "bake" the paint on? Or I do know several powder coating companies, is this an OK process to use on calipers?

You can do them yourself, not a hard job. Hardest part is stripping them (unless you have a sandblasting tank) in which case, your sorted ;)

Rob.

Robyorks said:
[post]363958[/post] You can do them yourself, not a hard job. Hardest part is stripping them (unless you have a sandblasting tank) in which case, your sorted ;)

Rob.
I can blast them at work, but I'm bothered diy caliper paints will flake easily

Don't buy 'caliper' paint, just buy cellulose rattlecans from your local paint shop. While your there, buy some cans of 2k clearcoat. That's the magic ingredient. A good four or five coats of that stuff and they will last ages. also makes them easier to clean ;)
Oh, and make sure you use their primer as well, guarantees compatability.

Rob.

Robyorks said:
[post]363989[/post] Don't buy 'caliper' paint, just buy cellulose rattlecans from your local paint shop. While your there, buy some cans of 2k clearcoat. That's the magic ingredient. A good four or five coats of that stuff and they will last ages. also makes them easier to clean ;)
Oh, and make sure you use their primer as well, guarantees compatability.

Rob.

I've got some of this left over from when I did the engine, use that or get some spray? I'd still throw some clearcoat on top
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-x-250ml...952864&hash=item41a088d527:g:MVkAAOSwv-NWVHuE

Back