Amp Getting very hot!!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom B

Hi Guys..

decided to set my amp up properly before as its never been done, but when id finished i noticed the amp was VERY hot at the top, im not sure if it was hot before i started as its been sat in the boot of my car which has been on my drive in the sun all day. the rest of the amp was warm-ish, but not as hot as the top.

Is this normal for an amp to get so hot? (I couldn't keep my hand on it for more than a few seconds without it starting to burn!!)

Cheers!

And is there anything i can do to help keep it cool? Like adding a small cooling fan of some sort?

I got two amps in my van one for sub and the other for 6x9s and im pretty sure they dont get that hot! Though i will check when i get a chance as the main one is velcroed to tge top of the sub carpet.

What make amp and what power does it kick out? Take it you have the correct fuses in the amp and at battery end?

Can't remember the power ratings, the amp is a FLi 2 channel (cost about £70)

The amp is mounted to the back of the rear seats, so not sure if thats the best for cooling?

And the amp came with a wiring kit, so just used that with the fuse supplied, although that wouldn't make a difference really because the amps operating normally, just abit hot lol so putting a lower rated fuse in would just blow it all the time :lol:

I'm now thinking of putting in a little 12v computer fan on it to help cool itself

Amps can get hot while in use and this hot weather will make it even hotter as the temp inside the car is a lot hotter,my gf left her iphone in the the car the other day,when she went to get it out the phone said it was too hot to be used and must be put in a cool place before using it.. so that gives you an idea off how hot it can get inside a car....

Well, a trip to maplins and £8 lighter and i now have a fan-cooled amp :lol: Although the blue LED's are abit more tacky looking than I'd hoped for :palm: :oops:

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

Latest posts

Back