Another newbie

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mk1Matt

I do like the idea of newbie threads on forums. Gives people a chance to really introduce themselves before jumping right in. So here's mine...

My name is Matt. The username comes from a Mk1 Golf that I bought to do up about 8 years ago (and went to the scrappy 7.5 years ago :lol: ). I'm 33 and live in the incredibly nondescript town that is Northampton. I'm very much a petrolhead, and have quiet a varied car history (16 cars and counting, notable highlights being 2x Audi S2 Avants, a BMW 330ci, a Mk2 Golf converted to 2.0 16v).

So, why am I here? Well, a few days ago I became the proud owner of a '98 Blurple (bluey purple - don't know the actual name!) 1.7 Puma. It's in reasonable condition, though is thoroughly history-free. Luckily I got it quite cheap.

And here it is:

IMG_20120204_164121.jpg

My plans at this point are:
Service it
Replace cambelt
Get alignment done
Replace thermostat
Fix remote locking
Fit my headunit
Drive it

I've done a fair bit of reading on the forum so far, and will be doing plenty more. Hopefully it won't take too long before I get to the point where I can give more than I take (ooh err...).

Well, enough about me. I'm off to try and figure out why I can't program my remote locking key - I feel a post in the electrical section coming on.

Matt

Welcome along - A nice Melina blue Puma you have there :eek:k:

mr matt welcome to the forum i have just joined and its wicked :-D :-D

Welcome Matt..
You've brought a clean car for the year!
You might want to add changing the orange indicators to your list an fit some smoked or clear ones?
Pretty cheap off ebay an look alot better than the tango ones! or maybe not, just my opinion :cool:

Yep Melina Blue.....best colour but i'm biased....so welcome aboard...ask and the elder ones will answer!

Hi Matt, wecome to the mad house :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm with you on 'Blurple' sounds much better than Melina!

Latest posts

Back