Anyone running ebc yellow stuff pads?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrewjeffs

Had these for a while now,but they havnt improved the brakes one bit.still fading far to early.

Anyone else got them on?

I have heard they really need grooved disks to work at there best.

Ebc are rubbish realy bad. Used there green and red pads before and just binned them strait away. I use mintex 1144 and are good fast road and track pads.

How old is your brake fluid Andrew?
I found the EBC "colour" pads better than most so you could have another issue..

though as Mr Bush says, the 1144`s are in another league..

possibly the fluid..but i doubt it,as the pedal is very firm right at the top.
The pads simply dont seem to have any bite when cold or hot.

find myself pushing foot through the firewall after just a few spirited stops with the pads stinking.

I have the yellow stuff in the rear of my R26,and that managed 10 laps of the ring without getting to hot.

andrewjeffs said:

find myself pushing foot through the firewall after just a few spirited stops with the pads stinking.

I have the yellow stuff in the rear of my R26,and that managed 10 laps of the ring without getting to hot.
Also what brakes are you running and discs? I don't think it realy matters what pads are in the rear unless you are running a lot more power. I only put discs on the rally cars due to the drums overheating when the handbrake gets used alot. I just use standard pads but brembo discs on the twingo 133 and that's fine.

andrewjeffs said:

Also what brakes are you running and discs? I don't think it realy matters what pads are in the rear unless you are running a lot more power. I only put discs on the rally cars due to the drums overheating when the handbrake gets used alot. I just use standard pads but brembo discs on the twingo 133 and that's fine.

I run yellow pads with vented discs fiesta ST 280mm I used 46mm induction cold air feed pipes to them they fab. my mate who's races locost in 750mc loves them on my puma says best mod I done to it. I just ran cold air feed to keep them extra cool on hot days.

everyone has there own opinion's I just used EBC as had them before in other cars.

to be fair to EBC,they do say the pads are designed to work with grooved disks.
At the moment they are worse for fading than the standard £10 pads that came with the mintex disk kit!

You can literally feel them glazing through the pedal..zero bite

Back