are these structural

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rang my Ford dealership this morning and told them what XAF had posted on the Project Puma - they were not impressed at being told they were available in Germany and their tack suddenly changed to "they should be here by Friday".

I was like "Thank you". :grin:

AshLaw said:
[post]348275[/post] Rang my Ford dealership this morning and told them what XAF had posted on the Project Puma - they were not impressed at being told they were available in Germany and their tack suddenly changed to "they should be here by Friday".

Ha, ha. Good stuff! Glad it got sorted for you. I've tried to get some 'B' pillars due to the rot at the bottom and these are definatley no longer available

I ordered both today at my local Ford dealer. One was available UK overnight, the other, 4/5 days from Germany. £18 and £22 prices are + VAT.

They're going to wonder what's going on. Gathering dust for ages then loads in a week!

AshLaw said:
[post]348275[/post] Rang my Ford dealership this morning and told them what XAF had posted on the Project Puma - they were not impressed at being told they were available in Germany and their tack suddenly changed to "they should be here by Friday".

I dont understand that attitude by them? is it some coorporate policy to fuck over people asking for parts for cars over xx years old in the hope they will give up and buy new?

cant see any other reason. Lazyness by the dealer is pathetic. do they not want our money??

Hi Guys
It depends on your local Ford parts guy. I know I can rely on the Trust Ford Huddersfield parts guy as he sourced me some Puma cable clips which shouldn't have been available whereas I once went to the Wakefield Ford dealer for some bleed nipples for my ST170 calipers and the guy there said we don't sell bleed nipples just calipers. What an ass!!!!
Barry

ArtfulHussy said:
Can you still get inner sills from ford? Maybe we should be trying to get ex-pressed to make these too...

I've spoken to Mike at Ex-pressed today, and I've agreed to let go a pair of inner sills too so with a bit of luck we just need a floor and that's pretty much the Puma saved!!!

Surprise, surprise.

Today I had a phone call from my local Ford dealer informing me that my inner sills had been delivered.

Amazing the power of ProjectPuma to get Ford dealers off their lazy asses.

YOG said:
[post]348305[/post] I ordered both today at my local Ford dealer. One was available UK overnight, the other, 4/5 days from Germany. £18 and £22 prices are + VAT.
Picked both of mine up today (ordered Tuesday), despite the 4/5 days (from Germany) quoted for one of them!
Total £49.08 (inc. VAT).

Floor pans would be brilliant. Mine has rotted so badly the chassis number is totally gone.

Would I need to get a Q plate for it do you think if I were to restore and MOT it?

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]348467[/post] Floor pans would be brilliant. Mine has rotted so badly the chassis number is totally gone.

Would I need to get a Q plate for it do you think if I were to restore and MOT it?

No. Mine was exactly the same. A new owner may ask a few questions, but as long as the chassis number is still on the dash you'll be fine

Is there anybody is the Kent area that can weld these in at a reasonable price?

Well folks, I can now categorically tell you that I'm an idiot, and so are my local dealers. So after sharing the part numbers and costs for the sills, I thought it would be a good idea to get a set in for my other Puma, these were ordered Monday morning along with a floor strengthener I needed for the FRP.

Let's start with the idiot dealers. They didn't submit the order until later in the week, so guess what, one side is now on back order (drivers) which in reality means the stock has now been used up and I can't see them tooling up for any more so my plan to give a set to Ex-pressed has gone down the swanny too!

Now, the why I'm an idiot part. Well, neither the dealer or I could figure out the part I wanted so I took a punt from a drawing on eCat. Picked up the part today and it's totally not the bit I wanted!!

Ooops. That was a waste of money.

A little turning the air blue later and Simon (aka Blue3) suggested another part hidden away in another drawing. Guess what, it looks 99% perfect so I've taken another punt!

So, the above is FINIS 1037208, centre drivers side, anyone happen to need one?!!!!! Shame it's the only bit of a Puma that doesn rust!

ArtfulHussy said:
[post]348614[/post] Oh dear, missed my shot for a set of inner sills! Bugger.

Fear not Emma! Mine turned up today, as did my floor part I actually wanted :

Foray (Fordpartsuk) have one pair of inner sills in stock so all is not lost. I'd been searching just in case, and if the worst comes to the worst I'm giving a pair to Ex-Pressed

Back