Asda, Tesco and Morrisons cut petrol price

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
This is the first time that a major retailer or garage forecourt chain has cut their prices since August last year, except for the 1p cut that the great majority implemented in the wake of the Budget.

First Morrisons said it would be reducing petrol by 1p a litre and diesel by up to 3p a litre from tomorrow. It promised that diesel would be no more than 140p a litre after the price cut and that unleaded petrol would fall by 1p from an average of about of 135.2p.

Then Asda announced it was knocking 1p a litre off petrol and 4p off diesel – also from tomorrow. Finally, Tesco said it would cut petrol by 1p and diesel by 3p.

However, despite the cuts the price of fuel is still more expensive than it was before the Budget.

The cuts come just a day after the AA motoring groups called on forecourts to pass on the falling price of wholesale petrol, which has tumbled in the wake of weakening North Sea oil prices. Brent Crude has fallen from $126 a barrel at the end of last month to just below $114 at the start of this week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/news/8503192/Asda-and-Morrisons-cut-petrol-price.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cost price of diesel fell by approx 3-4 ppl last week and at close of trading today the Platts price is looking at going back up 1 ppl so I won't be holding my breath.

If I had a diesel I could fill up at work this week at around 130.2 ppl.

That "promise" of not going above 140.00 ppl is risky business, especially with the market being so erratic at the minute, I don't see it being long till we're back in the 140's.

On a side note, for anyone curious about the prices large hauliers / manufactures' / independant petrol stations, buy their diesel at (35,000 ltrs / full tanker), our best price today was 109.81 ppl (131.77 inc VAT) so it goes to show how small the profits are in this market.

There's a BP near work at over 140ppl for regular unleaded. The BP near me is at 138ppl for regular unleaded.
Tesco hasn't gone above 135ppl i don't think. Shell round here is pretty close too.

Back