Back box choice

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

F2eeman

Looking to get a budget exhaust system as the quietness of my puma is making me relatively sad :( . I'v just bought a cheap racetube in standard fit 2" bore, but looking now for a back box. Browsing ebay at the direct fit puma ones there doesn't seem to be much choice, or their stupidly expensive. I don't want a universal jobby!

I know some fiesta parts are interchangable, are the backboxes? I'v seen a few advertised for the fiestas that look to have the same mounting brackets and joins to mid pipe but not 100% sure.

Anyone know which exact fiesta ones would fit the puma? Mk4/5/6? 1.0-1.6? etc

TIA! :)

http://sportex-exhausts.com/Performance-Race-Exhaust-System-FRS11/cat/4/sub/64/subsub/0/product/169" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I got 1 from here before...

If you have a race tube (without silencer) then choose wisely with the rear box.
Some of the wide outlet/performance jobbies don't really do any 'silencing' as they are virtually 'straight through' and will drone at higher revs/speeds.

Yea its the silencerless type. Not too fussed about being loud as I won't be doing much motorway driving, but does anyone know about the fiesta/puma compatibilities?

LOONEY said:
fiesta ones are smaller and will stick under bumper
...because the Fiesta bumper is smaller and does not protrude out towards the back as far as the Puma bumper.

yeah i thought they was smaller? so i just the bumpers

The fiesta mk4 & 5 exhaust will fit, but as said above, the rear bumper on the puma is a little longer then fiesta, so the tail pipe wont stick out as much. But if you find a fiesta one cheap enough, bring it round and ill sort it for you. It'll take me about an hour max to modify it to fit properly.

i had the sportex cat back on. its very loud. i put a silenced centre pipe back on and i think it sounds fine. bit of a noise when you give it some but also nice if you dont want to be booming everywhere

PumaNoob said:
The fiesta mk4 & 5 exhaust will fit, but as said above, the rear bumper on the puma is a little longer then fiesta, so the tail pipe wont stick out as much. But if you find a fiesta one cheap enough, bring it round and ill sort it for you. It'll take me about an hour max to modify it to fit properly.

Cheers dude :) If I can find a cheaper fiesta backbox I'll pop round

alexwilliams840 said:
i had the sportex cat back on. its very loud. i put a silenced centre pipe back on and i think it sounds fine. bit of a noise when you give it some but also nice if you dont want to be booming everywhere

But might as well have stuck with the standard centre pipe then? or does the standard have two silencers?

no it is just one silencer. i had the non silenced exhaust on for about a year, dont get me wrong it sounds great but the puma doesnt have enough power to shout about really

alexwilliams840 said:
dont get me wrong it sounds great but the puma doesnt have enough power to shout about really

Maybe not in a straight line :lol:

Got the sportex back box £95. Going to get it put on today, will get a vid up of the results for others considering the hoffman/sportex setup.

I've got a sportex full system, I like the sound, its a wee bit tinny, but love the pops and crackle on over run. Its purely a track car and stripped out too, so no sound deadening etc. Also wasn't to hard to fit, but a bit of faffing with the manifold holes.

Back