Back box inlet too wide

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sylvester

Hi guys

Got a back box from eBay, guy said it was fitted in a Puma. The hooks add up okay, but the inlet pipe where it slides on the tube is a whole inch bigger. Around 2 inches on the Puma side and 3 inches in the back box. Any idea what should I do? Cheers

I wanted to send it back, but they guy said he has no time to deal with it and refunded the big part of it. I'll try to get a reducer sleeve, that's a good idea probably. Cheers

Hi, Parkers sell reducer sleeves over the counter. Get the correct diameter of your backbox and catback and then get the reducer welded into the backbox, and clamp it to the cat back.

So I've fitted the back box, thanks for the reply guys, and it's all good, the bore is a massive 4inches, the only things is now, that its a big item and the fitting is tight. Upwards only moves freely less than an inch and no downwards movement if I push the back box by hand. Not sure if it will be a problem at hard acceleration, like can the cat and flex pipe handle that? I dont want want to damage them cause of the lack of free play in the back.
Side ways I can move the back box as much as before, so no issue with that. Cheers

Latest posts

Back