Back on the road

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach1

Lock down, a back injury & work put the brakes on me sorting out my Puma - which has been off the road since it failed to start a 2/3 years ago.

Anyway I got a mobile mechanic out today who confirmed my suspicion that the fuel pump had gone. Knowing that it was a tank out job was partly why I didn't try to fix it myself.
If only I had looked though because, after he took the back seat out, the previous owner had already had a replacement pump fitted at some time and had cut a hole in the floor to get access.
As it needs a service & mot (small hole in sill to weld) the mechanic is coming back next week to do the work.

So, hopefully, my little green Puma will be back on the road again soon - one less on the sorn list!

I'd do a happy dance if we had any moving emotes but they went with forum owner change - so this is the best I can do 🕺🕺

:ROFLMAO:(y)
Thanks for that. :)

The mechanic arrived, changed the fuel pump and now the car is now purring like a kitten....... and moved under it's on steam for the first time in quite a while.
It's now booked in, the week after next, to have a small hole in the sill welded, service & mot'd.

Unfortunately the ABS & Traction Control warning lights are also staying on now, so I hope it is just down to it sitting for so long?

I was discussing Lanoguard with the mechanic & he said it wouldn't be too much of a job to do while it's up on the ramp.
I think it's probably worth it but will have to give it some thought as I'm already looking at a big bill (repairs, service, mot, tax & insurance etc.).

Yay that your Puma is moving again.
I found that the traction control/ABS sensor broke on standing around and this would not fix on using it again. Got a new one fitted last year Can't remember how much but not drastic I don't think.

Yay that your Puma is moving again.
I found that the traction control/ABS sensor broke on standing around and this would not fix on using it again. Got a new one fitted last year Can't remember how much but not drastic I don't think.
Thanks Cubatoo, hopefully it will be an easy fix.
Should be fixed & Mot'd this week, so looking forward to taking it out for a proper drive.

Back