Bad vibration on aceleration

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melinamotor

Right,

Picked up 441 today, all was going well all the way down from Norwich until I got to the roadworks on the M25. Started to notice a vibration through the wheel at about 80mph so slowed down to 70mph and it went away. Put it down to the road surface being rippled and thought no more of it. however when I joined the M3 the vibration was at 70mph too. After some trial and error speeding up and slowing down the following is evident.

Any throttle input above 50mph sends the car into a violent shuddering, it feels like the passenger side front is the cause. On coasting off throttle its fine, this immediately made me think drive shaft issue! I have looked at the rim of the wheel itself and Im not sure if maybe a wheel weight has come off, trouble is I cant see a clean or sticky patch on the inner rim suggesting this.

Intermediate shaft or bearing maybe?

Question: If its driveshaft related wouldnt it happen below 50mph?

Thanks

Congtratz on picking the FRP up mate!! You travelled from Norwich... where I used to live!

Anyway... I'm not an expert, so I won't be asking silly questions in order to make everyone else look more intelligent!! lol :p

Hope you get it sorted! :eek:k:

topmansparkie said:
Congtratz on picking the FRP up mate!! You travelled from Norwich... where I used to live!

Anyway... I'm not an expert, so I won't be asking silly questions in order to make everyone else look more intelligent!! lol :p

Hope you get it sorted! :eek:k:

Thanks mate, yes was all going great until the vibration camr about :roll:

I had bad vibes on mine too... right up through the steering wheel and also felt it through the seat.
Worst when accelerating, although at any speed, more at higher speeds. Also when turning.. left.
With a combination of all of the above, was so bad could hardly hold on to the steering wheel.

Ended up finding a trashed inner joint on the drivers side shaft:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsodrpUN_fQ

Are the wheel nuts done up, maybe someone had them off recently and didn't fully tighten them?

I live near norwich :grin:

Latest posts

Back